It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB User
Renal Cyst with watery intensity

Hi all. I need some advice.

First of all I was born with 1 kidney. And the kidney that I do have is failing do to kidney disease. It is functioning at about 30% and the creatine level has been running about 2.0 to 2,4.

Recently I have been having symptoms of bloating after eating and lingers pretty much all the time, abdominal pain; there was abdominal tenderness as well.

I initally went to my gastroenterologst since I had pancreatic suirgery 5 years ago removing the tail of the pancreas and the spleen. Thought it was a bacterial overgrowth but with abdominal tnederness an MRI was ordered.

The pancreas was normal in that no new growth or problem was noted. But it was noted that there was a "renal cyst with watery intensity."

I know from what I've seen that bloating can be associated with the renal cyst.

Since I am living wiht one kidney and have kidney disease of the right kidney I was concerned about the cyst that was found.

I caLLEd both my nephrologist and gastro enteroloigst and waiting for call backs from both to see what I should and shouldnt do and what I should be concerned with.

Any input about the renal cyst would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Allan

Reply Reply