It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User
I need some answers please, anything helps.

OK my 70 y/o mother in law has had type 1 diabetes for about 20 years now. Her kidney function was at 49% a yr and a half ago, 30% eight months ago, and as of today she is at 8% function. The doctor said she doesn't need to be on dialysis immediately, but it's something she needs to think about. Her hands and legs shake often due to the toxin build up in her body and he has lost 7 lbs in 1 week. Can somebody please help me understand how much time she might have left if she chooses to go on dialysis and vice versa. Also, if any function can be regained with dialysis? I know every person is different, but I'd love to hear some others and their experiences with this to give me an idea of what is happening here. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
(male)

Takecare HB User
Re: I need some answers please, anything helps.

Please keep cool & remain Positive. First of all Do note that Today One in every Ten People is a Kidney Patient. Though there is No Medicine Or Treatment for the Kidney Damage Repairs - Except Kidney Transplant or Dialysis. Yet THE KIDNEY DISORDER is more & more Manageable to add to Life & SURVIVAL. Basically If the "CREATININE" level exceeds 5, & there are other compelling Symptoms than & than Only One Should think of undergoing "DIALYSIS" & that too the Nefrologist will decide. "Dialysis" is neither Painful nor Problematic. Its Simple Machine which will purify the Blood & remove the Toxic Wastes from the body as the function of "KIDNEY". You can get Dialysis 3 times a Week in any Hospital or Buy A Dialysis Machine for your Home to Use the same every Night, while Sleeping. These machines are easy to use & are on the sale as New as well Used Machines. For more help & assistance Please Contact "KIDNEY FOUNDATION' - A Dedicated Organisation to help all the Kidney Patients - Free of Charge with No Obligation, providing Advice / Consultation & Motivation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply