It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

k9love HB User
Help and advice needed please

Here goes,

I started getting hip pain some months ago and am now getting pain in my right side all the time, put it down to the puppy pulling me.

Been to the docs and she did urine test and said UTI, now Im not convinced its just that, the pain in my side sort of feels very hot and it feels like there is something heavy in there!

I am going to the loo more often but not excessivley, it also wakes me up in the night and I have to keep changing position to get comfy, I also feel sick during the night.

The pain sometimes will go away if I sit still at night but then when I get up its pretty bad.

Anyone know if this could be some sort of Kidney stone? I dont have any pain going to the loo, no blood etc?

Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

amehaffey HB User
Re: Help and advice needed please

I have never had kidney stones, but I have had a kidney infection. Apparently they start off as UTI and if untreated graduate to infections in the kidneys. I never had any paid urinating and my only symptom was back pain. It felt like I pulled a mustle at first, so I let it go for a could of days. Before I know is I had a fever of 104, I could not move, eat, drink and was throwing up everywhere. If you are having back pains and your doctor says you have a UTI, I would see another doctor and get on a steroid antibiotic ASAP. I was hospitalized for three days and was stuck with 11 needles in the first two from fuilds, blood draws, steroid shots in my rump, and IV steroids and nutrients. They sneak up on you and you want to get on an antibiotic before it gets worse. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

k9love HB User

Thanks for your reply,
Yes Mine started as back pain, been some months that Ive had it, even went to physio because I was convinced it was my back!

I am on antibiotics now(4th day) seem to be a little better but Im so exhausted? is that another symptom of Kidney infection? I could sleep all day!

Thanks again for your reply.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

amehaffey HB User

The fatigue can be caused from the infection or the antibiotics. The best thing you can do is rest and go to the bathroom right away. Drink lots of fluids and don't hold it when you have to go. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon! If anything gets worse, go back to the doctor ASAP.

The Following User Says Thank You to amehaffey For This Useful Post:
k9love (04-06-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

k9love HB User

Hi again,

Can I just ask another question?

How did it make you feel when you had it?

Im not convinced this is kidney infection, I feel so ill sometimes to the point of screaming!! then I dont feel too bad?

When I get up in the morning I feel ok, then feel worse as the day goes on and the pain in my back and side gradually gets worse?

Surely the antibiotics should be working now? im on day 6!!

Thanks.

Reply Reply