It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

amy4719 HB User
Red face Need answers quickly. Too worried!

I just went tot the ER in so much pain from my abdomen to my legs and my back. I was told I have sever right hydronephrosis with right cortical thinning, The right kidney is insignificantly atrophic. The right ureter is significantly dilated to the level of the right UV junction. ..
What exactly does all of this mean for me??? I know I need to see a urologist , I scheduled the appt. already but im so curious its driving me crazy. Mostly cause its causing me so much pain and I have 4 kids to take care of, Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
(female)

Ohura36 HB User
Re: Need answers quickly. Too worried!

I just had this problem. I had a mucosal growth /tumor blocking my ureter from draining my kidney into my bladder. I had surgery a week later, out patient. The urologist explained it like it was nothing serious, then later told me my kidney could have died.

The surgery done was called a TURBT. I just had follow up testing yesterday and after 3 weeks my ureter isn't as distended. But, I now have kidney pain from bladder reflux.

If this sounds familiar or similar, I will be happy to share some more information on what to expect, healing time, etc.

Don't panic. You'll be okay!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

amy4719 HB User
Unhappy Re: Need answers quickly. Too worried!

Thank you for your response. An an update on my situation...well nothing much yet. still searching for the problem. My last doctors appointment has me doing ultrasound to the legs, x rays and more ct. scans. No results yet. Now my last appointment wiht my urologist is that Im going to have to do a cysectomy to dig further into the problem.... So that is scheduled next. In the mean time Im still in pain, waiting on answers. Does this still sound familiar to you?

Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
(female)

Ohura36 HB User

yes, they use a catheter & saline to flush out your bladder, then go in transurethrally with a tiny camera to look at the muscle lining for abnormal looking cells.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #5
(female)

Ohura36 HB User

have you been treated for kidney infection? I have recurring one's and the pain sounds similar. Although, I'm surprised they haven't taken care of the hydronephrosis & drained your distended ureter. That really should be #1

Reply Reply