It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
(female)

Ladytaxi HB User
Pain in Left Flank

On April 4th before I was sent home from the hospital I was given a CT scan. The CT scan was of my chest as I had been in the hospital for pneumonia.

I have incontenance and wear pads. The next day I started getting like a diaper rash. Not bad but noticeable. The hospital gave me a script for Levofloxacin for 7 days. The last pill I took on April 11th. That morning I sent to from the Health Dept so I could get a primary doctor. They told me I would have to come back on Tues. the 17th. I put off going to the ER thinking I would see a doctor on the 17th.

Yesterday I went to the clinic, but was told it was only a screening process and I would not see a REAL doctor until May 9th. I left there in tears and headed to the ER. Got there at 12:30pm. Had a Urine test and was told I had no kidney problems, that I must have strained my back. I KNOW the difference between an infection pain and a strained pain. I have an infection pain! The doctor ordered a chest x-ray. I asked him what that had to do with FLANK pain, and I was told "the lung ends lower than you think"! Sorry, but I don't think it ends anywhere NEAR the kidney area!

Anyway, the reason I KNOW this is an infection is because on the left side of my tongue there is a sore place, also in the middle of my Left Arm Pit, and just below my left breast and of course the dull achy pain in the left flank area. I could NOT get the doctor to understand. He sent me home with a script for Loritabs which I will only throw away. I do not do Narcotics!

I tried to ask the doctor about my fallen bladder, but the nurse intervened and SHE asked him a question that I should have been asking. She came back with my paper work and said the doctor told her that what I was asking could not happen. Funny, but I DO remember reading somewhere that when the bladder falls and falls to far down it puts a strain on the kidneys. I am at a loss as to what to do. Why is that doctors ignore what you say to them. Sometimes I just want to make up something to tell them and see what happens. LOL I have had this body for 58 years and I know it very well. I KNOW when there is an infection and I have one right now. Not sure what to do. Guess I will just wait until I get so bad they will HAVE to do something! If this is any indication as to what Obamacare will be like WE ARE in a World Of Crap!

Smiles R Free
My Love is the Freeway!
God is my Pilot!
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply