It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

developing HB User
Unhappy kidney stones,not moving!

well ive been peeing visible blood for 3 months now,its taken all this to have numerous scans etc,i have a large left kidney with numerous kidney stones,i dont have any symptons other than blood,im still waiting to see my urologist as to whats going to happen as i guess they are not moving on there own,my prob is i am flying to spain for my henweekend in 3 weeks and they want to put a stent in,i have read that these are uncomfortable and painful,i dont want to spend 4 days in agony,ive been left for months i dont see why its now urgent for me to have a stent,and ruin my weekend,do they sometimes put them in to drain and then remove them after a few days?
i wonder if i should say no,and just hope all is ok while im away,i have more than adequate insurance,does anyone have anything positive to say about stents?

Last edited by developing; 04-23-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: adding info

Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
(female)

developing HB User
Re: kidney stones,not moving!

i have been to see urologist now,i have puj obstruction,and around 40 small stones,i dont need a stent which is good news,but there are not sure what to do with me yet as far as an op goes to widen my tube and remove stones,any one had an op for puj?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
(male)

mm47 HB User

I wouldn't be surprised for the next step to be one of the forms of Lithotripsy, either Shock Wave or Laser (Pew Pew) That will turn the stones in to small fragments that will pass or they could go for percutaneous nephrolithotomy (Surgical removal of the stones)

(Having had a ureter stent in, yes it hurts, like hell!)

Good luck and hope that you get it all taken care of soon.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
(female)

developing HB User

thank you,they are doing an op first to cut the narrow part from my tube,and reattach so its wider,then sorting stones after as they are concerened my tube is too small to pass the fragments

Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
(female)

developing HB User

well they are doing 2 ops,a laparoscopic pyeloplasty for my puj,then percuteneous nephrolithotomy for the stones,fab,2 evasive procedures,waiting list is about 3 months,so after my wedding,phew!

Reply Reply