It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
(male)

umrpatti HB User
Question First Kidney Stone - not sure if it has passed

I was in the ER yesterday with a dull flank pain that quickly escalated into sharp, intense pain through out my flank. The day before, I had to urinate frequently, but there was very low volume. They diagnosed me with a 2mm kidney stone, near the exit of the kidney. They gave me something for the pain, and sent me home with a few prescriptions to help. This was around 2pm.

I went home and slept until about 6 pm. After that I was feeling fantastic, but tried to take it easy. My urine volume had returned to a fairly normal amount by then. That night, I woke up around 3 am with a dull pain above my hip bone, towards the belly side. I took a pain pill, and urinated.

Since then, my urine output has been fairly normal, and I haven't had any pain. Is it possible/likely that it has passed through the ureter, and the dull pain was from the trauma, or is that pain more suggestive of it still being in my ureter and moving?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
(male)

mikew99 HB User
Re: First Kidney Stone - not sure if it has passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by umrpatti View Post
I was in the ER yesterday with a dull flank pain that quickly escalated into sharp, intense pain through out my flank. The day before, I had to urinate frequently, but there was very low volume. They diagnosed me with a 2mm kidney stone, near the exit of the kidney. They gave me something for the pain, and sent me home with a few prescriptions to help. This was around 2pm.

I went home and slept until about 6 pm. After that I was feeling fantastic, but tried to take it easy. My urine volume had returned to a fairly normal amount by then. That night, I woke up around 3 am with a dull pain above my hip bone, towards the belly side. I took a pain pill, and urinated.

Since then, my urine output has been fairly normal, and I haven't had any pain. Is it possible/likely that it has passed through the ureter, and the dull pain was from the trauma, or is that pain more suggestive of it still being in my ureter and moving?
I had a stone last year. I was told to go home and pass it. After about 3-4 weeks nothing. Felt OK, everything seemed normal other than the rotten side effects of flow max. I finally got to see a dr who gave me a ultrasound scan and he said there was no stone. As my psa was sky high I was very worried as to what he cause was so went privately as the months of waiting for an appointment was doing my head in. The private dr sent me for a ct scan and they found a 5mm stone wedged and said it needed to be removed as it had blocked the kidney which was now infected. He said it needed to be done urgently. It had grown into the sides and was still getting bigger.
My advice is do not assume it has gone, go and get checked again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply