It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
(male)

Doji HB User
Pain sleeping on my right side

Does anyone know if kidney problems can make it painful to sleep on your side.
I feel a pressure at the bottom of my ribs on my right side. It's never a sharp pain but is more of a mild discomfort and is enough to keep me from sleeping on my right side. I never feel it when I'm standing up. It's mostly when I'm sitting down or sleeping on my side. Also, when I'm driving I feel a pressure from the car seat on both sides of my lower back where I'm thinking the kidneys would be. It kinda feels like there is a couple of rolled up socks between my lower back and the car seat. Does this sound like my kidneys may be enlarged ? I had an abdominal ultrasound last week and it stated "The kidneys are of normal size, echogenicity, and echotexture". Are ultrasounds normally accurate with the kidneys ? Does this sound like a kidney disorder ?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

k9love HB User
Re: Pain sleeping on my right side

Hi, sorry Im not much of a help but I have exactly the same thing, and when I turn on my right side in the night it also makes me feel sick.

Hope you find some answers soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

JWgirl HB User

Hi Doji,

I'm new here on the board.

I found out last year that I had a stone sitting in my kidney because I started to feel discomfort in my flank and pass small amounts of blood. Like you, I was feeling pain if I slept on my side and when I sat. It also hurt if I had been doing housework and had been bending a lot. The Dr. tried to tell me that I shouldn't feel the stone unless I was passing it but when my other kidney started to hurt too they did an ultrsound and sure enough I had developed a new stone on that side!

Maybe you have a stone. Have you had one before?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
(male)

Doji HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWgirl View Post
Hi Doji,

I'm new here on the board.

I found out last year that I had a stone sitting in my kidney because I started to feel discomfort in my flank and pass small amounts of blood. Like you, I was feeling pain if I slept on my side and when I sat. It also hurt if I had been doing housework and had been bending a lot. The Dr. tried to tell me that I shouldn't feel the stone unless I was passing it but when my other kidney started to hurt too they did an ultrsound and sure enough I had developed a new stone on that side!

Maybe you have a stone. Have you had one before?

I don't believe I have a kidney stone. My ultrasound showed no problem with the kidneys while my CT scan stated I had a small peripelvic cyst on the left kidney but otherwise there is no renal mass.

Reply Reply