It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

Play_Hard HB User
Uric Acid and Citric Acid levels with kidney stones

My history:
I have had a few "attacks" of kidney stones (about a total of 6 kidney stones). My doctor ran a whole bunch of test to try and determine why I had kidney stones in my 30s (he felt that I was too young to be dealing with them). The only thing that came back abnormal was my citric acid levels, they were low 250 & 315 (I think the range was something like 350-1000). Also, the labs wouldn't give back a uric acid level as my doctor requested (3 different tests). Their comment was something like, "Can't determine level due to PH level".

Anyway, fast forwarding a few years and I have not had kidney stones lately (thank goodness), but was told by someone that high uric acid levels can cause all sorts of problems. Well, they brought this up to me because I have had HORRIBLE knee pain that no doctor can explain. They told me to get my uric acid levels checked because not only can it cause kidney stone issues, but can cause gout issues or "attacks".

Does anyone know if low citric acid levels have anything to do with uric acid levels? Since I don't know what my uric acid levels are, is there any possible relation? Also, I wouldn't expect that knee pain and the levels that cause kidney stones would have anything to do with each other, but hey I'm looking for anything to explain my miserable knee pain!

By the way, I don't drink, smoke, ingest caffiene, don't eat meat and rarely eat fried foods. I was told these are the things that people with high uric acid levels do.

Last edited by Play_Hard; 05-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

Play_Hard HB User
Re: Uric Acid and Citric Acid levels with kidney stones

Somebody has to know something about this topic. This may explain why I had so many kidney stones as well. I plan on going to a urologist or nephrologist soon, I have to find a new one because I moved.

Reply Reply