It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
(male)

andycarroll04 HB User
kidney stones

thanks for reading! i hv a two mm stone in my right kidney that isn't budging, bin there for over a year now. Could this be causing my pee to be foamy and strong smelling? Im also struggling to sleep and am constantly worried that these symptoms are the onset of ckd, i was told last November that my kidney function was ”fine”. Unfortunately ive become paranoid about it and am constantly checking for symptoms. My gp is pretty cold and i get the impression he's too busy to care! Any advice
thanks in advance

Last edited by andycarroll04; 05-12-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

Play_Hard HB User
Re: kidney stones

When I first learned of my kidney stone issue, it was horrible! After having pain I went to my gp, who is very nice, and he referred me to a urologist. The urologist wanted me to wait 3 months for an appointment. Long story short, I ended up in the ER because I thought I was dying and in the worst pain. They found 2 stones about 3mm in size, one stone was passing and the other they called a silent stone. They told me that the silent stones can be there for a long time and not to worry. About 3 months after I passed the stones, I had the same symptoms as you. I called my urologist (I was referred to another one that was great) and he told me to go to the ER (it was a Saturday and he was out of town). When I went, they quickly ran all of the tests my doctor asked them to run. I had a kidney infection and had another silent stone in my other kidney. Eventually, I passed all the silent stones and have not had these issues again (knock on wood).

So, all of my kidney function tests were fine, but the doctor did find low citric acid levels. In my case the silent stones seemed to be associated with UTIs and kidney infections, which was probably the reason for the strong smelling and foamy urine. I had a slight fever and was light headed too.

Your gp should be listening better, if you do have an infection they need to prescribe you something (I was given Cipro). I hope you feel better and maybe you should go to a urologist as they will be more in tune to your situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply