It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #16
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User
Re: Possible Kidney Infection...?

I went to the doctors today and they said my urine is fine...

I still feel nausea but I noticed that I keep getting stabbing in my throat and stomach so I might actually have ulcers. I need to finish another antibiotic in the next 5 days but I'm then going to get an appointment to see if I have ulcers.

How have you been feeling? I bought some all bran. I didn't eat any yet but I am going to add it to my diet..if I can even call my diet a diet. I am barely eating.

I am wondering if there was blood cells in my urine because of ulcers. My tummy really feels awful atm. My throat feels awful too. I feel short of breath too like something is going on in there.

Hope you feel better soon! We'll get this resolved I'm sure

Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

I went to the doctors today and they said my urine is fine...

I still feel nausea but I noticed that I keep getting stabbing in my throat and stomach so I might actually have ulcers. I need to finish another antibiotic in the next 5 days but I'm then going to get an appointment to see if I have ulcers.

How have you been feeling? I bought some all bran. I didn't eat any yet but I am going to add it to my diet..if I can even call my diet a diet. I am barely eating.

I am wondering if there was blood cells in my urine because of ulcers. My tummy really feels awful atm. My throat feels awful too. I feel short of breath too like something is going on in there.

Hope you feel better soon! We'll get this resolved I'm sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
(female)

Trinity12 HB UserTrinity12 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having so much trouble Cheetah! That sounds awful! I think it is a good idea to be checked for ulcers. I had an ulcer a long time ago but took medication which seemed to help. I still get pain in my back and side sometimes but no where near what it was before. The all bran did do it's job. I hope you're able to eat more. Maybe you could keep a food diary to find out what makes your pain worse? Being short of breath doesn't sound good! I never had that with my ulcer. I have asthma though. I am on a regular inhaler and a combination inhaler.(I take two puffs in the morning and two at night) My asthma has really been acting up lately. I have many allergies including food and environmental. I do hope you feel better soon! Please keep me updated! I wish I could send you emails so we wouldn't have to write posts. ((hugs))

Old 09-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

It sounds like you are feeling a lot better I'm happy that you are. I'm glad the bran did it's job. I need to eat some too. I saw some at the pharmacy and picked up a box.

I think I may have confused two different things as being the same thing. I think my uti that I had, had nothing to do with my nausea. The nausea actually came after I ate spicy noodles (lol) and since then I haven't felt good. I remember severe stabbing too. I really do think I have an ulcer.

It feels rattly when I breathe deep. There's no sound, but I can feel it. Almost like I'm breathing in water. I wonder if I have ulcers in my throat too because it seems to hurt when I eat things. It burns where I swallow and feels funny there. I'm leaving in a few minutes to the walk-in to see if they can get me an appointment with a ENT. I think you and I are just having a bad month!

I hope your asthma doesn't get too bad. I know my allergies are the worse around autumn because of leaf mold. Maybe you are allergic to the mold too. Usually I feel better in the winter and spring. Autumn is the worse for me. My brother is having it bad as well.

Lots of hugs!

Last edited by moderator2; 09-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #20
(female)

Yes, I am feeling much better with the back pain. I still get twinges once in a while. At least no UTI! To me it sounds like you are congested. I hope the ENT will be able to tell you what's going on. I hope the congestion goes away. It's not fun having pain when you eat. I get a lot of sore throats and one of my salivary glands wells up.

My asthma hasn't been good today unfortunately. I've felt congested today. I hope I don't have a bad flare up like when I got a bad cold earlier in the year. Thankfully, I have a symbicort inhaler as well as regular inhaler which helps out quite a bit. I do have a mold allergy, it could be leaf mold. The cold air in winter causes my asthma to flare up too. This year has been bad for it.

Yes, we both haven't been having a good month. I hope October is better for both of us!

Lots of hugs to you as well!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

The doctor told me to go off the cipro three days ago and now my infection is back. They said nothing was in my urine and I was starting to feel better.

Now the pains are back and I keep having to pee and I feel sick all over again!

The following user gives a hug of support to Forest Cheetah:
Trinity12 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity12 View Post
Yes, I am feeling much better with the back pain. I still get twinges once in a while. At least no UTI! To me it sounds like you are congested. I hope the ENT will be able to tell you what's going on. I hope the congestion goes away. It's not fun having pain when you eat. I get a lot of sore throats and one of my salivary glands wells up.

My asthma hasn't been good today unfortunately. I've felt congested today. I hope I don't have a bad flare up like when I got a bad cold earlier in the year. Thankfully, I have a symbicort inhaler as well as regular inhaler which helps out quite a bit. I do have a mold allergy, it could be leaf mold. The cold air in winter causes my asthma to flare up too. This year has been bad for it.

Yes, we both haven't been having a good month. I hope October is better for both of us!

Lots of hugs to you as well!

As for asthma I think coffee helps. I quit coffee for 2 weeks and actually felt like I had asthma. I felt short of breath and kept breathing in all this mucus in my broncial tubes.

I decided to drink coffee again. I had a large triple triple 2 days ago and had an ice tea (nestea) later that day. Then today I had a double double. I can breathe just fine now. I think the caffiene relaxes the broncial tubes and clears up mucus and gets rid of imflammation

not the best thing for a uti though as mine came back.

I feel horrible like I have nowhere to turn. when will this nightmare be over. i haven't been eating because i feel so sick. the doctors arn't open today so i took gravol. it didn't really work. My arms are still hurting from the blood tests too. I can barely move them.

I hope you feel better then i do! lots of hugs!

Trinity12 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #23
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

as for the cipro. i think it was working. i felt less sick when i took it. i didn't feel like puking. the stabbing pains went away too.

now everything is back. im scared though because my muscles hurt so badly from those blood tests. im going to force myself to eat some oatmeal before i pass out

Trinity12 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
(female)

Oh no Cheetah! How much cipro do you have left? If I were you I would take the rest of it and then go see the doctor! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this again! I felt miserable when I had the infection! I really do hope that you can get things sorted out with your UTI! I know what you mean about your arms being sore from blood tests. I usually bruise, especially if they put in an iv. I've had a bruise on my arm for over a week from where the vein burst when they tried to put in an iv. Not fun! (((hugs))) I hope your nausea improves. Try small bites of bland food.

I haven't been feeling too badly except for my period. I always feel out of sorts while I'm on it.

I've heard that about coffee(caffeine) as well. I drink diet coke and mix ice tea flavor in my water bottle. I also drink regular tea sometimes or iced coffee.

Please keep me updated and lots of hugs back to you! Hang in there!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

I haven't been on here for a few days. Been just relaxing. I just got some natural remedy stuff from the vitamin/herbal store to try and conquer any kidney/uti problems.

Mine seemed to go away but keeps coming back, but only mildly enough to be annoying. Sometimes I'll feel fine and then other times the nausia hits with some pain. I read that drinking 1 beer per day helps with kidney stones =/ I'm not sure if that would be good for a uti though.

I'm trying these uti herbal pills and this other thing ..probiotics..lol. If it works then I don't mind what it is! The antibiotics were too much for me...gave me an ulcer the doctor said so now im dealing with that.

So right now I'm going the natural route! My pee was foggy this morning but only once...the other times it was fine. I was thinking it might have been because I drank this foggy lemonade? ..lol!

Either way I'm still dealing with minor kidney pain in my left kidney this time! (before it was my right).

How have you been doing? Hope you're feeling better then how I am! Some days are good and others are bad. Today was so-so!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
(female)

I'm glad that you are having some good days where you're not having any kidney pain or UTI symptoms. I'm not sure what causes recurrent UTIs. I hope that the natural remedies do help! Sorry to hear about your ulcer.

I've been doing ok kidney and UTI wise. I still get back pain every once in a while but no other symptoms. Cipro seemed to cause more issues although it did clear up the UTI. I've heard that cranberry juice is good for getting rid of UTIs but bad for kidney stones. I've aggravated my bad shoulder again but it's improving.

Take care of yourself Cheetah! (((hugs))) Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

Hey Trinity how have you been feeling?

My kidneys are all cleared up and my uti is gone (for good this time). I've been rid of it for 2 weeks now with 2 checks to make sure.

The only problem is..I'm still sick! I still feel sooo pukey. I felt my insides hurting down there still too...but more so like my intestines. So I went and drank prune juice to try and free up any...constipation ..and for some reason I was bedridden for 48 hours after.

My intestines (the colon in particular..all the way up and over my tummy area and down...hurt so bad I couldn't walk.)

It still feels tender. So now I'm thinking that it's my colon making me sick..and now I'm all nervous.

I got another ultrasound and decided not to pin point the pain so then they would check everywhere and they found a cyst on my ovary and a lesion on my liver...

I'm not sure what a lesion on my liver means..but it's scary me. As for my colon it feels like I always have to do # 2..and it's still hurting. So I have a colonscopy soon.

I am nervous as can be right now. I look pale as a ghost these days and my eyes are all sunken in ...I realllllly hope I don't have cancer or something!

Cysts and lesions and colon pain don't sound too good together!

What started as a uti is officially a horror story right now! Mentally I feel confident..and generally happy...physically I don't.

Hope your feeling better then me, as always! haha

Lots of hugs!

I will update this after my colonscopy...I also might go to the docs to see if they can check my #2..for a bacterial infection. I don't know if walk in's do that, but might as well give it a shot as the other appointment is taking so long.

Last edited by Forest Cheetah; 10-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Trinity12 (10-09-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity12 View Post
I'm glad that you are having some good days where you're not having any kidney pain or UTI symptoms. I'm not sure what causes recurrent UTIs. I hope that the natural remedies do help! Sorry to hear about your ulcer.

I've been doing ok kidney and UTI wise. I still get back pain every once in a while but no other symptoms. Cipro seemed to cause more issues although it did clear up the UTI. I've heard that cranberry juice is good for getting rid of UTIs but bad for kidney stones. I've aggravated my bad shoulder again but it's improving.

Take care of yourself Cheetah! (((hugs))) Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing.
Also, that's strange because my muscles hurt and popped when I was on cipro. I could barely walk some days and didn't really want to lift anything. I feel okay now but I decided to take this stuff called Ensure.

It's a vitamin shake in the medical/vitamin/remedy section in a grocery store. I wasn't going to try it at first since it just looks like any other vitamin shake or power shake..but it's actually the stuff they use in hospitals to keep people alive who are malnourished.

My mom reccommended them, and after 3 days of taking 2 per day my muscles started to feel normal. Now they feel fine. It's like a meal replacement I think, and it works really good for recovering from losing vitamins.

I think cipro pulls vitamins from your system and can cause muscle problems.

Try some of those, and maybe some magnesium tablets. But I only took ensure and it helped..they taste kind of gross, but are supposed to be chocolate/vanilla falvour.

They have soy in them so if your allergic don't take it. Don't over drink it either...and if your taking any meds be careful because it is vitamins. I read it's dangerous to take meds and vitamins at the same time.

Other then that though it worked well on my muscles and joints. It even made my heart stop palpitating (it started to do that after I was on cipro and had all those blood tests..and went on my period) ..I think it did that because I was vitamin deprived.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #29
(female)

Forest Cheetah HB User

oh also..on a brighter note, my ulcers are healing. I can eat just fine again and haven't had a sore/swollen throat from them for a while now I really think the meds are helping.

So..I'm trying to stay positive.

UTI/Kidney problem: Healed
Muscle/Joint stiffness and popping: Healed (finally)
Ulcers: Feeling much better
Cyst on Ovary: doctor said it wasn't big enough to be dangerous
lesion on liver: ...not sure about that one but doctor didnt seem concerned..and I read on the internet they arn't usually dangerous.

Bowel pain/nausea: undiagnosed...so on a bright note..so far everything they found out about me was either healed or not dangerous. So hopefully they figure out my problem after the colonscopy and ill finally start to feel normal again

Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #30
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

Hi Bradie, Once when I had an infection the doctor told me to see whether I can turn my upper torso sideways without moving my legs to the left and then to the right. Then down the right leg (bending right side ways) and same for the left. If you feel pain in the back when doing this, the kidneys are likely to be affected by what sounds like a developing urine infection. Cloudy urine is one of the first symptoms. Also urine might have a certain odor. Do you also have pain when passing urine? Sometimes urine infections CAN be controlled on their own by drinking LOTS and I mean LOTS of water. I'm talking like 4 litres a day taking like half glasses every few minutes. Cranberry juice is said to help too but how much of help and how this is has not been determined. If not cranberry they say go for apple juice or grape but still you need to drink lots of water to clear things up. If it goes the next level then pain and blood might follow and then the route becomes treatment with antibiotics. Since you have the back pain, I would go to the doctor. Without the back pain it would have been simpler but this one you should get checked out just in case. I hope you find some relief.

Reply Reply

Tags
kidney, pain