It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

troads HB User
Angry CellCept?

I have a diagnosis of Membranous Nephropathy, kidney function is good just main problems are wasting 8 grams of protein in urine a day and edema. Doctor just called saying he wasnt to put me on CellCept. I have looked this drug up and at this point I refuse it, espcially sinse the drug is mainly used for transplants and no mention of a use for my diagnosis. Before this drug he wanted to put me on Cytoxin. I just feel like this doctor wants to keep trying all these hard drugs and I get extremly nervous and skeptical of his practice since they are all "hard drugs" meaning major side effects and possible disease and cancers and conditions caused by it further down the road.

Does any one have experience with this drug, in particular with a similar diagnosis? Or opinions on this drug. I 27 years old and have my entire life ahead of me and would hate for a drug to take it all away from me, plus I am just starting my PhD so I cant have this get all messed up. Thanks for anyones help.

Reply Reply