It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
(male)

Drew38 HB User
Tissue In Urine

Hey everyone, I've been having urinary symptoms for the past 9 months now. I've been to three urologists, two internists, and even a neurologist. None have any idea what's going on.

So some symptoms are: tissue in urine. It begins as cloudy urine but if I let it sit a few hours in a cup it collects at the bottom and looks like white fluffy or stringy tissue. Pieces of the tissue rest on the surface of the urine too. My urine is usually dark. Sometimes rusty colored, but it usually has an orangish tinge.

I also have been having pain in the form of: burning at the tip of the urethra and soreness/inflammation/tension/throbbing about an inch from the tip in the muscle/spongy part of the penis. I have a frequent urge to urinate as well.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm going to see a nephrologist just to check my kidneys as the levels have elevated quite a bit between the beginning and the 6 month mark.

Other ideas are: diabetes, MS (I have autoimmune diseases and the Ep-Barr virus), or nerve issues near my spine from heavy labor I did for a few years.

Any help or guidance in any form is appreciated. Thanks a lot, Andrew

Old 06-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
(male)

jbsmi27 HB User
Re: Tissue In Urine

Try increasing your fluid intake and see if your Dr. will prescribe macrobid to keep infections away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
(female)

Finchesca HB UserFinchesca HB User
Re: Tissue In Urine

It sounds exactly like a urinary tract infection. I assume that's been tested for several times by now though?

Be aware that it's possible for a bad bacterial infection to turn fungal after several rounds of antibiotics - something which won't necessarily occur to many doctors but has almost the same symptoms. The thread-like material in your urine might even reflect that.

I would get them to test for fungi in some way, or just prescribe anti-fungals. In the meantime, stay away from sugar and simple carbs because fungi love that stuff!

Reply Reply