It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

Timbo1 HB User
Chronic pyelonephritis and interstitial cystitis

Hello everyone,
I am in my late 30, when I was born and until I turned 10 years old I was suffering with chronic pyelonephritis and recurring UTIís. When I turned 10 years old most of the symptoms disappeared, occasionally I would have UTI but nothing like before when I was a child.

Five years ago I stated to have symptoms similar UTI but urine culture was always negative for any bacteria, after some test and almost one year of suffering I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. Since I was diagnosed with IC my life changed a lot, I now have depression and anxiety and in constant pain, sometimes pain would go away for month at the time, but then would always come back. Most of the time I have pain in my pelvic, lower back , burning and etching and discomfort in genital area. I canít sleep through the night because I have to go to the bathroom. I am afraid to have intercourse because I have pain during and after it. Because I donít want to be in pain I have very little desire for intercourse. I am afraid that my husband will leave me because I canít satisfy him and I constantly complain of pain in my body. My husband is a wonderful man but he is still a man, and I am not sure how long he can take this.

I have a different medical insurance now, so I was able to start Elmiron two month ago, before that my insurance wouldnít cover it. I also take Oxybutin ER, Detrol LA, Peridium, Enalapril, Fluoxetine, Amitriptyline. I also use Prelief, and on low acid diet, Advil or Tylenol on the dally basis but for really bad pain I take Norco.

I donít know why I would have IC, if anyone there was born with chronic pyelonephritis and now have IC please share? Is there any herbal medication for IC besides prelief? Maybe someone can share more information about IC?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply