It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

Thisisme373 HB User
Kidney problems, 4 years, please help

Hi i have just registered on here as i have been having bad kidney episodes now for over 4 years the last two more frequent which i will get into.

First off around 4 years ago i had a very severe infection (i think) & i was vomiting and in very bad pain, since then i was having them every 8-12 months, had ultrasound scan which showed my left kidney functions 40% and right 60%, no need to tell you my left is always were i get the pain.

The last two years since i been smoking marijuana nearly every day i get them every 3-5 months, my symptoms are always dull ache at first, then it get stronger & stronger like a stabbing feeling, nausea, vomiting, body aches and feel cold, its really horrible and incovenient for work as they seem to be annoyed but don't say.

My urologist is confident its not infections & is puzzled himself, could it be the marijuana smoking? something im drinking, they won't do surgery as theres no blockage & i can't live like this, please help me out, James.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Re: Kidney problems, 4 years, please help

Why aren't you seeing a nephrologist? I very much doubt that marijuana smoking will do harm to your kidneys, as smoking cigarettes would (not sure that marijuana would cause bp issues, like tobacco). You seem to be experiencing kidney disease symptoms. Have you had your eGFR measured recently? Any blood tests? How was the US of your kidneys able to show your doc how much function remained for each? I am puzzled.

Last edited by Deanne1962; 07-04-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
(male)

Thisisme373 HB User
Re: Kidney problems, 4 years, please help

I have had my blood taken all is fine with that, I have had ultrascan which showed my left kidney drains slower than my right but still drains totally empty by an hours time, iv had cystoscopy procedure which found there a very slight narrowing but in his opinion isn't enough for surgery, he hasn't considered ckd, and I don't understand, a urologist is the right doc to see, should I be seeing nephrologist?

Reply Reply

Tags
kidney disorder, marijuana