It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

chellynn85 HB User
Unhappy was told I have a deformed kidney, urologist says I dont

I will try to make this as short as possible. going back almost 10 years, when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I started having my first issues with my kidneys. I had terrible infections that put me in the hospital for a week at a time. after she was born, I seemed to be okay. In 2007 I got pregnant with ny son and the kidney issues started again. I had kidney infections, and had stents put in, to help drain my kidneys more than once. after my son was born (he was 2 weeks old) I almost passed out from pain. I was full of kidney stones. I had to go to the ER. They found 5 stones, one was 7mm. the following week I had lithotripsy to break up the stones. I have had infections now even not being pregnant. my last bad one was 5 nonths ago.

in june, I started having the feeling of a kidney infection coming on. I went to my PCP and was given cipro and sent on my way. eventually I felt better.. then a couple weeks go by and its happening AGAIN. This time I go in to urgent care. they said I had no infection and thought maybe my galbladder? I had a kub xray and told me to follow up with pcp. my pcp gave me more cipro and some hydrocodone and sent me on my way yet again. I went to the ER and was still having pains. they did ultrasound and my galbladder was fine. I was told I had a kidney infection and was given a stong antibiotic in my iv and a hydrocodone as well as iv fluids. the doctor came back in and told me the reason I had so many problems was because my right kidney has a deformity and that i have had it since birth. (i was curious how it wasnt found after the last almost 10 years with kidney problems.) supposedly my right kidney has two renal pelvis's. my mom has one good functioning kidney also, so it wasnt a huge surprise.

i was reffered to a urologist. I made the mistake of feeling okay, and life was busy, so i did not make the appointment right away. about 3 weeks later, i got the pains back again and went to my PCP. My regular doctor was gone and a different doctor saw me. she gave me more cipro, and hydrocodone. she told me she was worried i was going to ”lose kidney function” and she said ”you dont want to be on dialysis at 35!” she said it was very important i go to the urologist. On my paperwork, it says i have Chronic pyelonephritis.

i went to the urologist yesterday. the very last day of my insurance. He told me my urine is clear, i have no infection, and i may as well have been taking sugar pills. he also told me i have no deformity of my kidney whatsoever. He told me to ”look elsewhere” for my issues. ”possibly colon or stomach, or even just a muscle.” he told me if i.try to forget about it that it will probably go away!? i am so confused what is going on. this is DEFINENTLY NOT A MUSCLE. Its way deep inside. any ideas? help!?

The following user gives a hug of support to chellynn85:
Tree Frog (08-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Re: was told I have a deformed kidney, urologist says I dont

Hi

Please go right back to your primary care doctor or change doctors till one takes you seriously.

You need tests to prove what is being told to you, so please get all of your records and make sure you had the right tests. Find a doctor that will listen. They are out there.

Let us know what you find out. I hope you are alright!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tree Frog For This Useful Post:
chellynn85 (08-02-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

chellynn85 HB User

thank you . I have to try to figure out my insurance before I can go back. my urologist knew it was the last day of my insurance too. I sort of feel like thats why he wasnt much help.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User

Hi chellynn

If that isn't true, it sure does look like it is!

Let us know when you find something out or get a new doc!

HUGS

Last edited by Tree Frog; 08-03-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
back pain, flank pain, gallbladdder, kidney infection

« A V fistula | Ckd »