It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

FLcharm HB User
31 yrs old with Polycystic Kidney Disease!

Hi I was diagnosed on my birthday june 2011..31 yrs old with Polycystic Kidney Disease...Not to scare you at all..But it was the worst day of my life..I still have not gotten over it yet..My dad had it and past way..My 11 yr old son has it too..I have multiple cyst on both kidney ans although are are big,my kidneys are working fine..
There is nothing they can do,but drain the cyst when they are filled with fluids to relieve pain..I am in so much pain sometimes can barely walk..Just had two babies right before I found out...If I knew that I had this disease I would never have kids or even get married..Got married in 2010 everthing happen so fast..
I am still so mad..mad at who,I don't really know..I thinking my dad..He knew he was sick and never said a word to my mom and they were married..We are from the caribbean and things are a bit different,but hell.I had a right know.We all did..I'M SORRY JUST A LITTLE MAD RIGHT NOW..Don't know how to deal with this..
confused..

Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

Punky2006 HB User
Re: 31 yrs old with Polycystic Kidney Disease!

Hello. I completely understand what you are going through. I found out I had PKD when I was 8 months pregnant with my second child. I was very angry and displayed very destructive behavior after my diagnosis. My father had a severe case of PKD. Watched him suffer almost my whole life. He passed away when I was 23, after 10 years on dialysis. I just want you to know that there IS life after this diagnosis. Have you tried therapy or counseling? This helped me a lot. Good luck to you. Please post and let me know how you're doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply