It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

sillymom HB User
Kidney stones and upper-mid abdominal tenderness

Hi all,
Not sure where to post this since I've got random symptoms. First started with upper right quadrant irritation/pressure feeling under my rib when sitting slouched. Had upper abdominal ultrasound/gallbladder etc came back normal. Blood work normal. Dr. prescribed prilosec and sent me on my way. Pain changed, seemed more intense and had spread to back (under shoulder). Then, saw surgeon for small umbilical hernia (unrelated, but I was grasping). Finally, lower back and intense pain shooting into groin area sent me for an abdominal CT scan with contrast. Revealed a few kidney stones, urologist said shouldn't cause pain since they are still in kidney. Told me to drink fluids and citrus stuff and take pain meds if they bother me. I'm also breastfeeding so couldn't take the flomax he also recommended. I am scheduled for a second opinion urology appointment, but am going to request that I see a GI doctor as well. The lower back pain subsided, possibly passed the stone, pain is less, but still feels tender to touch my upper-mid abdomen. Oh yeah, the surgeon that saw me due to the hernia, said that pain was from a possible abdominal wall tear or strain. I don't think so. It seems unrelated to food intake-bowel movements, but definitely feel it when I am moving/twisting or engaging my abdominal muscles. I now feel the same discomfort on the left (less intense) . Kind of feels like sore muscles, but I am an avid runner and haven't been able to run very much since June!!!! This is getting so frustrating!!! Any ideas??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply