It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
(female)

Momandfamily HB User
Re: URQ Pain/Pressure for 4+ weeks - Kidney?

I just heard from my family doctor on my MRI results. I have degerative disc disease. A moderate size right paracentral disc herniation at T8 with cord impingement. Left foranimal stenosis at T6-7. Plus the report mentions fatty changes along several vertebrae and small nerve root sleeve cysts along right T12-L1 and L1-2. I have been put on Lyrica for my constant pain. Taking just 2 25 mg pills brought more relief then Tylenol 3 or anything else I have tried. I am on a 3 week schedule to increase my dosages slowly - the goal is to be pain free.

I am still being referred to a urologist for the back to back UTIs. Which my doctor thinks was coincidental to my real issue - my spine. Back surgery is too risky my Dr thinks (though I will be sent for a surgery potential evaluation). I now need to learn how chiro, acupuncture, yoga, decompression, etc. could help me ... as medical doctors do not make specific recommendations on these.

Glad it's not cancer but I was told I have a 50/50 chance the spinal cord will become unpinched. And it would likely return even from just a big sneeze. I had not been in an accident nor had a fall so these results were a surprise. The nerves being pinched wrap around and under my right ribs which is why kidney, liver, gallbladder, ovary, duodenal ulcer, etc. were all investigated and not my spine. Never would I have thought back issues would cause such pain in right flank.

I am still trying to get a second opinion on the cyst on my right kidney but it does not seem to be a priority with the doctors.

Keep researching and asking questions if you have similar symptoms as I have been having! It has been a draining 3 months but its a weird relief to begin this next phase of my health challenges!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
degenerative disc disease, disc herniation, flank pain, kidney infection, uti