It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
A rise in frequency and intensity

I have been sick for some time. I am now being treated for Thyroid deficiency and asthma, and now, I believe that I am beginning to feel the effects of kindey dysfunction. Let me explain.
For the better part of two years, when I first came down sick, I have had many blood tests. At first my immune system numbers were way off the chart, with such perameters as eosinophils, neutrophils, basophils. After a while the immune system seems to have stabilized, however, it left me with some very strange and long-term health issues. Of course, I will probably never know what gave rise to my issues, but it is two years later, and although my blood tests haven't shown much change over the long haul, I am nonetheless starting to feel constant malaise and other troubling symptoms of possible chronic kidney damage.
I am on Synthroid right now, which has been reported to cause fluid retention, however, along with my sensation of lower extremity swelling, it seems like the tissue on my lower arms and legs will easily "dent" (as with socklines), and take a while to bounce back to normal. My weight does fluctuate, but usually not by a tremendous amount-maybe 2-3 lbs over the course of a day or two, sometimes a little less.
Fatigue is always present, with peaks and troughs throughout the day. My blood pressure is generally good, never high. Moreover, I do urinate a lot, especially at night, which might account for my constant feeling of dehydration upon awakening. I am starting to have feelings of quesiness, on again off again.
I have another blood test at the end of this month, to check for TSH, and will also have a CBC-7 test, along with a testosterone check. I am anxious that my next kidney reading, even if well hydrated beforehand, will be worse.
If my reading is worse, and I have many symptoms, similar to kidney dysfunction, might this be enough to concern my doctor? I understand that many with kidney disease were caught unawares, well into CKD progression, however, I feel pretty sick now. Oh, yes, my RBC count is presently at 4.88, with the lab range between 4.12-5.7, so I am not sure if this would qualify as sllightly anemic for some? I am still in the 70s on GFR calculation, but feel that my kidney issue might not be detectable through GFR, if that is possible (possible nephrogenic diabetes insipidis).

Last edited by Deanne1962; 09-08-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply