It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

seashell1985 HB User
Weird 5-minute kidney spasms- no stones!

I've been having these issues since I was 10 years old (17 years). I get these really intense, throbbing pains in my kidneys (YES, my kidneys, NOT the muscles around my kidneys) when I put my hands back there it's like my kidneys are tender to the touch from the inside. The pain is quite intense and lasts all of 3-5 mins. It used to happen a couple of years apart, but as I started to get into my mid 20's it would happen months apart, then weeks, then days. I went to the doctor describing this pain. They did LOTS of tests, checked for UTI's, CT scan... found nothing wrong with my kidneys whatsoever. All they found was a cyst on my right ovary, which was later removed. I asked if the cyst removal would cease my kidney pain-- they said they didn't know, probably not. They even asked for me to come in when the spasm was happening. Uhh, hello? The longest it lasts is for 5 minutes! It would be gone by the time I got there, and who's to say when it will happen again? Anyway, the only thing I discovered was that when I woke up from the surgery, I was unable to use the restroom-- I had to be emitted back into the hospital that evening with a catheter because I could not go to the bathroom. They said it seemed I was allergic to morphine. Anyway, 6 months after that I became pregnant with my son. The WHOLE pregnancy, and 1.5 years after, NO WEIRD KIDNEY PAIN! BUT, just today, it came back. Five minute, INTENSE pain, no position could make it more comfortable... it was THROBBING! The one thing I now know to relate it to- labor pain! But after 5 minutes, it was gone. Haven't felt it for the rest of the day. Don't know when it will be back though. Does anyone have ANY idea what this could be??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply