It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
(female)

shaelo83 HB User
worries for 5 yr old

My 5 year old daughter started to have bed wetting accidents about 2 weeks ago. She has been toilet trained for almost 3 years and has wet the bed maybe twice since then so this is very out of the ordinary for her. I thought it might just be from the cold weather or from drinking too much before bed time so i did my best to make sure she was warm enough and didn't let her drink much before bed... Over the next week her accidents became more frequent, it was 2 or 3 times a night and then started happening during the day. I took her to the doctor who did a dip urine test and they found blood in her urine so she was put on antibiotics for a UTI.. The course took her a week and she finished it 4 days ago but she is still wetting 2 or more times a night and getting worse during the day. When i ask her why she didn't go to the toilet she said she didn't feel it then when she did she didn't make it in time. Now she has an itchy rash all over her body and it looks as if her wrists and hands are a bit swollen. She doesn't complain of pain or discomfort apart from the odd pain in the tummy which never lasts long. She is still eating but not as much and she drinks alot of water during the day when she is thirsty. Could this be more then a UTI could this be her kidneys? They sent her urine off for tests but when i rang for results they just said it was negative so i don't know what they tested for. I am taking her back to the doctor tomorrow because today is Sunday and no doctors are open... Any ideas anyone??
Thank you in advance..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply