It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

postman977 HB User
Post kidney stones

I am now in day 12 of excruciating pains with multiple kidney stones on both sides. I have been to an emergency room twice in less than a week. I have also been to a urologist. they said my stones are 6 mm and I should be able to pass them as of todayI have not passed any stones. I am drinking lots of water,powerade, and crangrape juice. anyone with any suggestions? I am missing work because of this and I can't afford to lose a good job. thank-you tony

Update tried to get my urologist to call a different medicine in for me. The nurse said the toradol and tramadol isnt working and I said no it is not. we cant call in a controlled substance only the doctor can. I told them Im not asking for a controlled substance just a different medicine that works. Now I have them page the doctor on friday because the office is closed finally get a hold of her and talk to her she said that I missed my chance to come in on thursday. I instructed her that I was never told to come in on thursday. Well I cant write you a script on the weekend you will have to go to the emergency room. Well you can forget that. She is the worst doctor I have every seen. she has the god complex. She doesnt care about her patients and Im surprised that she has any at all if she treats everyone like that I bet if she was having labor pains for 11 days she would not take toradol or tramadol. Can you believe this doctor. I would not take my dog to her.

Last edited by postman977; 09-21-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: missed clerifying statement

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
(male)

howerd HB User
Re: kidney stones

Tony, are the stones in the ureter on the way to the bladder or still in the kidneys?

The Following User Says Thank You to howerd For This Useful Post:
postman977 (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
(male)

postman977 HB User

not sure but they are supposed to be moving down in the er room the dr said it shouldn't be much longer that was 3 days ago and still i haven't passed any stones

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
(male)

howerd HB User

I don't follow: "they are supposed to be moving down in the er room"?

Without knowing where they are, how many, etc., I don't think anyone's going to be able to give you an idea of when they'll pass. They can take a couple days, or weeks to pass, it's highly variable.

Sorry, I know that isn't what you're looking for, but where they are in the ureter, for example figures into things. I have one stuck in the ureter, right before going into the bladder, and my Uro is saying to come back in two weeks if it hasn't passed, so they don't work according to any known schedule, only ranges of time.

I feel for you man, having multiple stones must be horrid, but you're in good company, lots of folks have the same situation. All I can say is keep pounding water and pain meds when you need them and if you're not on Flomax, ask your doctor - it's supposed to open things up and speed/ease the process a bit.

I went in 5 days ago to the ER with the initial pain and still haven't passed, so in that sense, we're both still in that limbo together.

Good luck, friend.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
(male)

postman977 HB User

Thats just it the pain meds Ultram is not helping its like taking an aspirin. I use to take utlram for my migraines and I guess my body is used to it so it doesnt do anything for me. I bet if the doc was having labor pains for 12 days she would have giving me something stronger...lol

Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
(male)

howerd HB User

Be sure to tell him you used to take this med and may have built a tolerance to it - be vocal about the pain and let him know, there are many options for pain with kidney stones and a doctor should be willing to use whatever works, and stop whatever is not working. Toradol, Morphine, and Oxycodene (the first two in the hospital and the last one at home) have done the trick for me.

Good luck - some doctors are very hard to deal with. I hope that's not the case with yours.

Reply Reply