It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

shersita HB User
Blood in urine for a long time.

Hello ppl.

Anyone have an idea of what microscopic hematuria could mean on urine? I'm going to visit a Doctor next month, but I'm a bit worried since I don't have any other symptom at all (no pain, no burning, nothing) but urine test have 1 year and a few months comming back with positive to blood in urine. I'm not able to see the blood in the urine *is microscopyc* well, all this thing start on Feb 2011 that I had a bladder infection (E.Coli bacteria) so I related the blood in the urine with the bladder infection, took some antibiotics pills and never went back to the Dr. But a recently urine test showed no bladder infection anymore, but still hematuria in my urine ...if I search on google about blood in urine all point out to bladder cancer.

I had an X-ray to all my chest recently, and both kidneys are normal no cyst no stones no nothing, also I don't have any pain at all, negative protein in urine...I'm just curious what could it be? I dont want to have bladder cancer for such a long time without treatment and not knowing it.

Sorry for the long text, i'm just a bit paranoid now

Last edited by shersita; 09-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Blood in urine for a long time.

While I have no personal experience, I have seen many folks online have trace amounts of blood in the urine and it never amounts to anything. Some people just have this - kind of like some people easily get nosebleeds. They just do. So don't obsess about the cancer too much. Have your bladder checked, but try not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

shersita HB User

Thanks Cora.

I do know is my fault for leaving myself like that for a long time, since I didn't though it was something to worried about. I did had several urine test on 2010, 2008, and so on...they were all normal (no blood in urine, nothing wrong) but since I start with the E.Coli infection in Feb 2010 the blood in urine start to appear. I did have a CT scan in 2010 where it showed that I had sand on both kidneys, but Dr only told me to drink more water on daily basis. I did had a CT scan with contrast recently also, and they didn't find any abnormal cyst or tumour on my kidneys, but the blood is there on my urine, microscopic I cannot see it...but is there.

Google is a good tool for some stuff, but for other's is scary to search on it.

Thanks, probably is just some stone attached to my uterer or something mild.

Last edited by shersita; 09-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
(female)

gdible HB User

I'm a healthy 52 year old woman. I noticed that my BUN/Creatinine were slightly abnormal in my blood test results for a year. Then, about 5 months ago, there was microscopic hematuria in my blood. I had a 24 urine test that came back normal. Same with kidney ultrasound. Then, I went to a urologist who did a cystoscopy. He did two cytology tests. One came back negative but the other, FISH test, came back abnormal. He sent me for a CT scan with contract which showed no tumors but did show tiny kidney stones. I was very frightened over the abnormal FISH test so I went to another urologist. I get the test results today.

Did your doctor do a FISH test? What about a 24 hr urine test?

Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
(female)

shersita HB User

Long time post, did you find out finally what was wrong with your microscopic hematuria?. I havent have any cystology or FISH test. When all this started with me 2 years ago, I remember I was having urine infection, creatinine levels on blood was normal (0.9) on that time, no protein on urine, I did had CT scan on that time but, both of my kidney didn,t have stones instead they did have sand (that,s what the radiologyst told me) and recommend to me to drink more water, or the sand could turn into stones in the future.

I did have a CT scan with contrast a few months ago, both kidneys normal, no stones, no protein in urine, but still microscopic blood in urine. The CT scan with contrast was also maded to my pelvis, they found a ovarian cyst that,s all.

I don,t think is cancer at all (2 years already had passed) but I still don,t know what it is.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
(female)

txarmywife HB Usertxarmywife HB User

Have you gone to a nephrologist?? They can do tests to help find the cause. It could just be your kidneys are not filtering properly so trace amounts of blood are present. Completely harmless. I personally wouldn't worry about cancer esp if you've had imaging tests. I've had blood in my urine on and off since I was a young kid. There is a condition called loin pain hematuria syndrome but it is rare and usually accompanies pain. You might as your urologist or nephrologist about it. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
(female)

gdible HB User

It's very possible that the ovarian cyst, sand on the kidneys, and E coli infection is the cause of your hematuria. It could be one or more from what I just mentioned. My Mom was recently hospitalized because of a Ecoli UTI that went into her blood. She's OK now. E Coli is one of the most common types of urinary infections.

In my case, the doctors have suggested that the hematuria is caused by the small kidney stones.

If your doctor(s) was really concerned, then they would have ordered many more tests including a FISH and cytology test. I wouldn't worry about the hematuria. Just drink more water.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
(female)

shersita HB User

Thanks for reply gdible.

I did had E.Coli urinary infection 2 years ago (when suddenly, this hematuria also started too) doctor did gave me pills to remove the E.Coli infection and it did work and urinary infection stopped 2 years ago, is all clear now in that aspect. But the hematuria still is there, it did started with the E.Coli urinary infection, but it didn,t go away after I got cured from E.Coli, when all this started I didn,t have the ovarian cyst, the ovarian cyst was recently on the CT scan a few months ago. I am thinking, that is probably the sand on the kidneys, or maybe I do have little kidney stones too little to show up on the CT scan. My last creatinine blood test (like 5 months ago) was at 0.8, and I don,t have high protein on urine or anything "weird" just the hematuria, I don,t think is very serious after 2 years, I guess I do need to drink more water *Usually I don,t drink more than 1 or at most 2 glass per day* all my life I have been like that.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

I have been dealing with blood in urine too. Almost a year ago, I did have kidney stones so the blood in urine was understandable. I have been going to urologist since then and 1 month after stones, still show microscopic blood, 6 months after still shows, I have another follow up in March to see. They have done pelvic xray and ct scan on me and cystoscope test which shows nothing, then did cytology test and shows atypical cells, which is basically not normal. They have no answers for me, I am a healthy 48 yr old with no health issues, don't smoke or drink. My doctor swears there is nothing for me to worry about (re: bladder cancer) but getting tested every 6 months does make you worry. I pray it comes back normal in March, that will be 1 yr since this all started. So don't worry I am told that small trace of blood may be normal for some people.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
(female)

I had my 6 month follow up in March and I was told I was fine, results were normal. I went for my annual physical for blood and urine and they called me to tell me there is microscopic blood again! What! How could it be fine a month ago now have it again. I notified my urologist, we will see what they have to say. I had bunch of tests last year and nothing is wrong with me which I am thankful for. I am just thinking this is normal for me and not worrying about it anymore. Really unless you get your urine tested how would you know you have an issue?

Last edited by babygirl127; 04-11-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #11
(male)

smcreds HB User

Hi there, your symptoms sound just like mine and you could have IGA Nephropathy (you might not aswell.) I had a routine urine dipstick at a new GP which found microscopic blood (over many tests afterwards aswell) went for a renal ultrasound which was clear and cystoscopy which was clear, so went to the kidney doctor (nephrologist.) I have never had protein in urine and I was put on blood pressure pills which got rid of the blood, but my kidney function falls slowly, I am at about GFR 65.
How is your blood pressure? mine was high

Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
(female)

I personally have normal blood pressure. Had full blood work up and all good. My urine results are good except microscopic blood. I am not dwelling on this, doctors have no answers....

Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
(female)

Kuarto HB User

Hello,
I have the same situation here, I am only 28, female and have ++ or +++ blood in urine for years, sometimes with traces of WBC or protein, never shows infection. I had ct scan, ultrasound, cytoscopy, blood work,BP and all normal. I was very scared at first as my mother had bladder cancer. I do not know what is causing it my only health problem is pcos and at the moment have a 7cm cyst on my ovary and I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would love for this to go away and stop all this testing. Hopefully is nothing to worry about and I am glad other people have similar symptoms without sinister causes ... Hope you all well

Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

I also had this and they did a cat scan that found a very small stone.

There are some stones so small they can only be detected with a cat scan.

That was 2 years ago.

Best of luck.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
(female)

dallascowboyzfa HB User

I'm going through the same thing. Can anyone give me updates??

Reply Reply