It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
(male)

Garyx24 HB User
High Creatinine & Low GFR Rate

So I'm 20 years old 140 pounds, 5'10" and I recently did a checkup which included a blood test. That was the first blood test I've gotten in like 3-4 years. Everything was pretty much normal except my Creatinine was 1.3 and GFR rate was 71 and my Fasting Glucose was 98. So My doctor told me to drink less caffeinated drinks, stay hydrated by drinking more water for a month to go back for another blood test. So I did, followed the instructions and this time my results were similar, Creatinine 1.2 GFR rate 78 and BUN 14. So do I have Kidney disease, is this a sign or what? I'm only 20 years old and I'm pretty healthy so I'm really shocked my GFR is only at 78 and not 90+. I exercise 3-5 times a day, I stopped taking any form of protein shake ever since the first blood test, I don't really drink coffee or anything caffeinated maybe once a week at most now, I don't drink soda or anything sweet (started doing that after I got the results on my first blood test) So what is wrong o 0?

Last edited by Garyx24; 09-30-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

farrr HB User
Re: High Creatinine & Low GFR Rate

hi,
my dad who is no more had a kidney problem back in 2008 and his creatinine was always like 1.6 and above. we had this bad diet for him no green veggies,no eggs,no chicken and meat as it is all high in protein! In my dads case the creatinine was high coz he was headign for a kidney failure .his kidneys were not functioning as normal as they should.the filtrations were not good enough and hence toxins in d blood grew high which led to high creatinine levels and thats why d doc asked us to go easy on his kidneys and give him a protein free diet! absolutely ! as we did tht for a coupel fo months and we lost him to renal failure in 2009 and i was altogether in a different continent when it happened and couldnt even see him at his last! anyway thts heading to a dffrnt direction!
wat am tryign to say is ...there could be multiple problems for creatine to be high as per my vast analysis in 2008! it could be as small as drinkign less water and more caffeine or smokign more or as big an issue as a kidney nt workign well! so many reasons in between d two. you gotta go see a doc first thing to rule out the biger possibilities. no point panicking! trust me ....i did panic for my dad bt it only eats u up even more... so chill am sure it si a small thing for u to deal with! just deal it on time! keep us posted! god bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply