It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

vduarte77 HB User
Kidney Stones?

This happened 2 weeks ago on Saturday I was car shopping and out of the blue my back started hurting. I thought maybe I just turned wrong and pulled something. It slowly started to feel worse for about 20 minutes then as I was driving to another dealership the pain got really bad and then quickly I was in tears. I went to urgent care and sat for about 15 minutes before they called me in to take my stats. My pain was at about a 9 when the nurse asked then asked for a urine sample and told me to wait in the waiting room. i sat for another 15-20 minutes crying in the waiting room until they called me back in. As i started walking back the pain got less and less. By the time the Dr saw me the pain had stopped completely. She told me there was a small trace of blood in my urine and gave me a perscription for keflex and sent me on my way. I was fine the rest of saturday and all day sunday. Sunday night i woke up with the same horrible pain and was up for about 4 hours when when pain stopped again. I have had a kidney stone before but the pain was constant until it passed. I have been checking every time i go to the restroom and i have not seen that it has passed. I have had no more pain.

I had left a message for my PCP and when the nurse finally called me back she said the Dr said to go to the urgent care and have them do tests. I haven't had any pain so i haven't went back.

Has anyone felt anything like this before? Is it possible that I haven't passed the stone yet? Everyday i feel like i'm just waiting for the pain to start again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

emmalimalee HB User
Re: Kidney Stones?

Goodness, Sorry about the pain. My mother is horrible about kidney stones and has been since I can remember. Multiple times she has had to have surgery to remove multiple golf ball size stones. I have definitely seen my fair share of people with kidney stone pain and have had one myself.

Well, The thing about kidney stones is the pain isn't normally constant in your back. Normally when you have constant pain, it is on your sides from where the stone is making its way around and is cutting you along the way. When it is in your back, normally you would feel very sharp, very sudden pains. Almost like someone stabbed you with a knife and immediately pulled it out. Sometimes the pain is over before you even got done really feeling it.

All in all, I'm wondering if you have a kidney stone or if there is something else wrong with your kidneys (since there is blood in the urine that would limit it). Serious infections can do the same thing. Go back and do not leave until they properly examine you. Drink plenty of water or cranberry juice and stay clear away from any sodas.

Good luck.

Reply Reply