It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

ih8kidneystones HB User
Need help with my first kidney stone

So it all started Friday with the side pain that just got excruciating and i went to the ER and was told i have a 4mm kidney stone.i had an appointment with the urologist yesterday(tuesday)and he said it is really close to my bladder and i have a lot of swelling which is why i have back pain.i really havent had any pain besides on friday and back pain.i want to avoid surgery(i would have to get the basket extraction)so ANY tips is super helpful.my next appointment is thursday of next week and i want to try to pass this bugger before then.i have been straining my urine and drink a lot of water is there anything else you guys recommend? i need it to go in my bladder soon:/ help please

Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
(male)

Rickbs HB User
Re: Need help with my first kidney stone

Increased fluid intake. Always have your pain relievers ready.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

Argyles HB User

I've had over 30 stones. The best way to pass a stone for me is being active. Now I don't mean for you to go run a marathon. But rest when you hurt, drink pleasant of good fluids (like water or flavored water) and go for a walk. I pop those suckers out in about 3-4 days.

What works for me might not work for you. Has your doctor given you anything likie flow max?

Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
(female)

LEAHGREY HB User

If you have no other underlying conditions I recomend apple cider vinegar with the mother in it and fresh real lemonade. It helps to dissolve stones.There is also a kichaloe(?) plant that's called stone buster, but you probably wont be able to find it soon enough. Good luck. Also push the fluids...

Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
(male)

DbobC HB User

With the mother in it?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

Drink a tall glass of lemon juice (squeezed from real lemons), then drink a glass of water every hour after. The lemon juice softens and breaks up the stones so you can pass them. I've never had stones, but this is how my friend does it. Good luck!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Country time crystal lemonade is excellent fir kidney stones. Keep drinking it.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User

I have had alot of kidney stones. I always alternate drinking cranberry juice (plain not cocktail with all the sugar) and Simply Lemonade. I would stay away from the lemonade with all the sugar in it. My brother in law drinks beer for them. It runs through your system fast like water and he says thats the best thing to drink when you have them. You can drink any of these and hold it in as long as you can.Until you feel like you are going to burst pretty much. This helps the stone to float up and move through the tube faster.
I would also ask about flomax. It helps open the tube so that the stone can pass. Most urologists give that for stones anyways.
I have had several stones removed both by basket and having them broken up and it is not bad at all. I think if a stint is needed is when it becomes pain so maybe you will pass it or you wont need a stint.
Good luck!!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
(female)

Sher1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8kidneystones View Post
So it all started Friday with the side pain that just got excruciating and i went to the ER and was told i have a 4mm kidney stone.i had an appointment with the urologist yesterday(tuesday)and he said it is really close to my bladder and i have a lot of swelling which is why i have back pain.i really havent had any pain besides on friday and back pain.i want to avoid surgery(i would have to get the basket extraction)so ANY tips is super helpful.my next appointment is thursday of next week and i want to try to pass this bugger before then.i have been straining my urine and drink a lot of water is there anything else you guys recommend? i need it to go in my bladder soon:/ help please
I to am experiencing my first kidney stone , mine is 7 mm . Can I fly with the kidney stone ? My concern is it trying to pass and getting stuck and I'm going to a third world country where the medical system is not the best .

Reply Reply

Tags
health, kidney, kidney stones, pain, question