It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

ih8kidneystones HB User
First surgery butterflies:((

I have a 4mm kidney stone that came from my right kidney and it is really close to my bladder but due to a lot of swelling I am having I will either need ureteroscopy(basket extraction) or wait and see if it will pass on it's own.I have had it since Friday and it hasn't seemed to made much movement since then.I am VERY nervous and scared to have surgery.My mom works in the medical field which you think would provide some insight considering she even works with the doctor that would be doing it! But I am still scared.I get really bad anxiety and shake when I think about it.I just need comforting words or experience from people who have had this before Thanks

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

kwe HB User
Re: First surgery butterflies:((

Going through this same thing now.....Wondering if you had the surgery and if so, how it went? mine is scheduled in the upcoming weeks and hoping to get some insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
(female)

ih8kidneystones HB User
Re: First surgery butterflies:((

hope your surgery goes really well! i had mine the day after i posted that^ it was scary and honestly the nerves and anxiety make it a big deal when it doesn't have to be.i had my surgery woke up in the recovery room and the doctor told me he found NO STONE i was relieved that i had passed it and not felt it but scared he just didn't find it and i'd have to do it all again.i woke up in a lot of pain not gonna lie.it felt like reallly bad menstrual cramps.so it was bearable but when i got up to my room i just started feeling worse.i was given a pain pill and told it'd kick in in about an hour so i basically had to just deal with the pain.i get motion sick very easily and i felt so extremely nauseous.going to the bathroom right after the surgery you know it'll burn but omg lol it HURT it takes a few minutes to actually pee because of the pain but the more you pee it goes away the burning only lasted for a few days.so after i left the hospital i went to get my prescriptions and my mom was getting them and i was in the car waiting in really bad pain but it started to go away and i felt like my pill was finally kicking in.by the time i got home i had NO PAIN i was using perocet and take 2 at a time if you really need it.i basically slept and only woke up to eat and take pills for the first few days because if i didn't it'd hurt.drink a lot of water.and heads up taking all those pain pills will constipate you really bad so if your back or side starts hurting really bad it could also be from that not just the healing.but the stent removal was something else....basically i was freaked out about what the stent would feel like and it wasn't that bad at all.sometimes pressure when you pee or a weird back discomfort but not awful.but getting it taken out i was completely awake for and heres my advice for that:be awake for it.being put under for a 2 minute procedure just isn't worth it honestly.before you go to get it out take some pain pills.i took my last two perocet before so i was a little drugged feeling and it helped so much or i wouldn't have even been able to sit still.but you go in they put like numbing jelly in your urethra which feels weird but not awful.it really doesnt numb you at all lol and seriously AT ALL.for me the numbing jelly worked right after the procedure.anyway they put the camera in and its the worst feeling its a horrible pressure and you feel like jumping off the table but it burns for a few seconds and they put water in your bladder which feels odd but not painful so you feel like peeing after and they pull it out in at least 3 minutes its crazy fast when you think about it after.it just really hurt for a few seconds and is kinda scary but you get over it fast and just feel so happy.the nurse said i might have cramping in 2-4 hours after and let me tell you exactly 2 hours later i felt like s*** i was in so much pain but i put the heating pad on my back ate some saltine crackers(reallly helps with dizziness)and took advil and walked around for a bit and felt better.walking kinda helps which is weird because you dont wanna get up but when you stand the pains like gone.but my advice is take advil more than your pain pills if you can.try to save at least 2 pain pill for before you get the stent out.advil helps so much with swelling.i had a big amount of swelling and after the stent removal had the same back pain for a few weeks but it couldve also been constipation.pain pills just slow up your system for a bit.but i feel normal now i have no pain.trying my hardest to drink water everyday and thats about it.hope it helped haha

Reply Reply

Tags
advice, kidney stone, scared, surgery