It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

justalilscared HB User
Scared and confused

I have been suffering from moderate to severe abdominal pain for the last six months. After 2 ER visits, a trip to my PCP and gyno I was told the pain( and I quote) "Is a head scratcher". The CT scan at ER showed 5 small kidney stones but I was assured they were too small to be causing any problems.
In Sept the pain was continuing to get unbearable and after swearing off drs I decided to go in one more time. She decided it had to be IBS, prescribed anti spasm meds, and referred me to a GI doctor. After 1.5 weeks and still no relief from pain even with the meds I went back. This time I seen a different dr in the practice and was sent over for an immediate ultrasound of my kidneys and ovaries. I ahve now been referred to a urologist because the ultra sound showed a 6mm stone in my right kidney. ( I see them next week)
However still wanting to know more details I requested a copy of the report from my dr. ( He told me when he called with the results I was doing good to still be on my feet.)
the report states that not only do I have the 6mm stone in my right kidney but also 2 stones in my left, 1 measuring 4.5 mm. It also says there is ' a prominent column of 13 seperating the upper pole from the rest of the kidney on left.'
Does anyone know what this means?? My pain is increasing considerably by the day and I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to 'still be on my feet'.
Sorry for the long post for such a short question but I felt a short history of the situation was neccessary. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply