It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

Losingit777 HB User
Unhappy Newbie : Flank Pain and Blood in Urine

Hello everyone. I've just started researching kidney issues and have some questions. I'm overwhelmed with it all and very scared.

I have had right side pain for 3 months or so - just below the ribcage. I had a colonoscopy and vaginal ultrasound to check for cysts. No issues there - at least no cyst on right side. (Do have on left.) My ribs are sore too - both sides. My gallbladder was removed 4 years ago. Bloodwork was ran on my liver and pancreatis. Came back normal. My pain is less in the morning and increases as the day goes on. Nights have the most pain. There is a really tender spot on both my right and left side if I press it with my hand.

Twice in the last month, I have had blood in my urine - not visable to me. Two different docs offices while doing routine labs.

A couple of times I had cloudy urine but I don't have a UTI. I thought this was due to vitamins as it happened just once in the day about a week apart.

Once I thought my urine was tinged a bit - may "tea colored" - but very, very light. Just once.

Saw regular Doc yesterday due to the pain increasing in my side. Yes, still blood in urine - not visable to me. Soooo he scheduled a CT Scan with contrast and I had that this morning. The wait is excruciating!

Does this sound like a kidney stone?
Can it hurt for months and increase in pain?
Why hasn't he checked for infection? Is that done with the urine too? Doc didn't bring that up and I forgot to ask. Shouldn't he have prescribed antibotics?
Is all this delay damaging my kidneys?

Any replies would be so appreciated. This is all new to me. Sorry for the long read and thanks so much! I really am Losing it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
(female)

Losingit777 HB User
Re: Newbie : Flank Pain and Blood in Urine

Alot of reads but no replies. Bummer.

Update : CT scan shows nothing. So docs says my side pain is muscular. Not buying it. Muscular doesn't cause blood in the urine twice - one month apart. He wants to re-check the urine in 2 weeks. I'm left with more questions...
1. When they checked the urine for blood, was it tested for infection?
2. Doesn't the bladder show up on an abodimnal ct scan?
3. Would a run of antibotics hurt? I want this at this point.
4. What else could this be?

Again, ANY replies would be appreciated.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

jammel78 HB User

I am curious about what could be wrong as I have many of the same issues as you. Several months of kidney pain, blood in urine (4 times), and ultrasound revealed nothing. I have a ct scan scheduled for tomorrow and just can't wait to find out what is causing my pain. Tested negative for infection and was on antibiotics while waiting for results. Please keep us posted if you find out!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
(female)

Losingit777 HB User

Hi Jammel78,

I have not found out anything yet. I started a round of antibotics on Friday but my side still hurts but maybe not quite as bad - but certainly still there. I did have my Dr. call me and I asked him some of the questions above. They could see my bladder on the CT scan and it was "unremarkable" so that's a good thing. I go back in 2 weeks for another urine test to see if the blood is still there. I'll keep you posted. I sure do want to find out what's going on!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

jammel78 HB User

Well I hope you get your answer soon! Good luck!

Reply Reply