It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

kwe HB User
PLEASE HELP-Surgery for Asymptomatic Stone?

I have an asymptomatic Right ureteral stone that has been stuck for over 3 weeks...At least the CT scan (x 2 scans) states probable stone although they have difficulty tracing the ureter. My urologist wants to remove the stone even though it is asymptomatic to prevent potential kidney damage.

- Has anyone had surgery for an asymptomatic stone (I only have an occassional dull ache)?

- Anyone had a decent experience with a ureteroscopy with stent placement...All the blogs I've read sound like it is a HORRIBLE procedure?

I have no pain now and am struggling knowing I will be in pain shortly- Surgery scheduled on November 20th

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
(female)

Helen8r HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP-Surgery for Asymptomatic Stone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwe View Post
I have an asymptomatic Right ureteral stone that has been stuck for over 3 weeks...At least the CT scan (x 2 scans) states probable stone although they have difficulty tracing the ureter. My urologist wants to remove the stone even though it is asymptomatic to prevent potential kidney damage.

- Has anyone had surgery for an asymptomatic stone (I only have an occassional dull ache)?

- Anyone had a decent experience with a ureteroscopy with stent placement...All the blogs I've read sound like it is a HORRIBLE procedure?

I have no pain now and am struggling knowing I will be in pain shortly- Surgery scheduled on November 20th

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

Helen8r HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP-Surgery for Asymptomatic Stone?

I'm new, so hope I have done this right. Just wanted to share with you some info. I have had this procedure and it went well with minimal discomfort. You need to have the stone removed because it is blocking the flow of urine which is constantly being produced by the kidney. This urine will back up in the kidney causing pressure, pain and eventual kidney damage. Your situation may be different because you have no pain therefore the stone is possibly not totally obstructing the urine flow. Good luck!

Reply Reply