It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
(female)

jammel78 HB User
If not stone, then what??

I have had pain in my right flank/kidey area for about 8 months which is sometimes barely noticable and pretty painful other times. The last 4 urine tests showed blood but the first two were dismissed as being close to my menstrual cycle. Back in June (about 4 months after initial pain started), a large cyst was discovered on my right side and surgery was performed to remove it. Unfortunately, the pain came back again after surgery and the blood continues to show up in my urine. My dr treated me for infection while waiting for the results to come back, and they revealed no infections. I had another ultrasound done which showed nothing wrong. I now have a ct scan scheduled for tomorrow and I know it may be a few days later until I possibly have an answer. I just want an answer so the pain will stop. I feel that it hurts more when I am most active, so I have not been able to work out like I used to. If it's not a stone, then what else could it be? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User
Re: If not stone, then what??

Hopefully by now you have a diagnosis...but I will tell you that doctors don't seem to know what to do with kidney stones in women...my first very painful stone was 15 yrs ago and still cannot get reliable info or treatment...

I was told the other day my 2cm sones in right kidney was not causing my right sided flank pain that increases with activity....this ache has gone on for a while...but i was not thinking it was a kidney stone due to the pain now feeling in the actual kidney area....it was always lower or in front..

Your symptoms sound like mine...if your discomfort and spasms continue...it will cause your right side to be affected and your muscles will be in constant spasm..

I would ask the doctors if using dye during an xray or scan would make a difference...i have heard it can...

Also....i pass such tiny grains..almost specks...but some have very sharp sides...they are so small..no scan would pick them up..yet...they are very painful...

If you are insured...and have no problem obtaining medical help...do not let a doctor dismiss this pain without knowing you have received all possible causes relating to other organs...i am going through this right now...since the ER did an expensive CT scan last week....and the new urologist was a complete waste of time...i am demanding answers from the ER...

They are famous for doing a CT...referring you out...and don't go over the scans with the patient...sending you out the door with no more info than you came in with...no more of this for me...i am taking my own advice and making them earn the big bucks they get...

Expect some answers...then demand them if you have to...pain in the body means something may need attention....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply