It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

ksimpp HB User
Please read and help me!!! (Stones?)

Hi, I am new to these boards and am not really sure how this works... I'm sorry if this is long but I need some help.

I am a 20 year old female; I have been very athletic my whole life and am generally a healthy person. Last December, I experienced the worst pain I have felt in my life. It started as small twinges of pain in my left back/side. Not too long after I was feeling a strange scraping feeling in what I believed to be my bladder... the only way to describe it was it felt like someone was slowly dragging a pin against the lining of my bladder. Soon after, the pain in my back and side turned into a sharp, stabbing unbearable feeling. I then began to vomit because of this pain, something that has never happened to me. I was rushed into ER, given blood tests and was quickly hooked up to Morphine. No change of position could relieve the pain I was feeling. The doctors there diagnosed me with Kidney Stones. I stayed in the hospital that night for 5 hours and was sent home with 5mg Morphine pills and some sort of anti-inflammatory. When I got home I felt absolutely fine... still in shock from the previous events, but I felt that whatever I had experienced had passed and that I would no longer have anymore pain.

The next morning I woke up and went to the washroom to pee... 5 minutes later, the pin feeling in my bladder happened again. And almost directly after my left side and back began to cramp and I went through another day of waves of unbearable pain and vomitting.

I was scheduled for a CT scan the next week by the hospital, but it showed nothing. The pain lingered for about 2 weeks but I never went through another episode like I had those two days.

About a month later I began to feel the same bladder pains which were accompanied by the SAME twinges of pain in my left side and back. However, this pain did not reach a 10 on the pain scale like the first time. Stubbornly I decided to deal with the pain and ignore the situation. Eventually it went away and didnt show itself again for another month. After a few weeks of dealing with pain that would vary from a 3 to a 8, I decided to visit the Hospital again (clinics were closed). I told them about my December attacks and that I was still feeling the same sensations, just not as extreme. After a 5 hour wait the Doctor told me that I was experiencing some sort of muscle pain and he gave me pain killers.

Ever since then I have been in and out of my Family Doctor's office. I have had a total of 2 CT scans, an ultra sound and recently a x-ray on my spine. Nothing has shown up. My doctor has decided to rule out any internal issues, and does not think that what I am feeling has anything to do with my experience with what was apparently Kidney Stones in December. She claims it is more likely to be a muscular issue.

I am extremely frustrated, and honestly depressed. This pain is affecting my life and work...and I am no longer able to play the sports I love. The pain is ALWAYS there... sometimes showing itself as just a dull ache, but every few days I go through the bladder pain along with the twinges and stabbing pain in my left side and back.

I have told my Doctor everything I possibly can about my situation, but I feel as if she doesn't take what I am saying seriously.... almost as if because I am not CURRENTLY in pain when I am visiting her, it can't be that bad.

I should also mention that my Grandpa, Dad, and two Aunts have dealt with Kidney Stones.

Basically, I am just looking for some opinions on what I could possibly be going through, or maybe some advice on what I should do next. I am considering changing my family docotor but my family has never had any issues with her.

Thank you for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
kidney stones