It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

kriss42562 HB User
confused and scared

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the meds seem to be working. I believe this issue has nothing to do with the fibro, but I wanted to state the facts. I have had kidney stone issues intermittently throughout my life. I went to my doctor on Friday because for the part few months I was having what felt like kidney pain. There was a considerable amount of blood in my urine but no stone was ever found. To be safe my doctor ordered more tests and prescribed some meds. By Sunday I hurt so bad that I couldn't eat and it hurt to move. I slept almost all day. Monday I went back to doctors and she did more blood work and ordered a CT scan for the next morning , was today. She instructed me to take it easy and to only eat certain foods, she was assuming it was my appendix. When I received a call from the nurse she did not mention the appendix, but instead told me that my right kidney was enlarged and gave me an appointment for a urology test tomorrow morning. She explained to me that it was very important to keep the appointment. In the meantime, my back and my front abdomen are in severe pain, it hurts to move, I'm puking, I get dizzy when I stand up, I'm tired as hell, and I'm confused and scared, please advise.

Last edited by kriss42562; 11-21-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Re: confused and scared

You have all the symptoms similar to acute kidney failure, but that is not something that is necessarily dour. You do not mention any blood test results. Your discomfort will pass, as this is surely an acute flare up. The swollen kidney is what is causing the pain and vomiting, no doubt. The fact that you have an appointment with a urologist is probably good news about your kidney. Sounds like parenchymal (sp) tissue inflammation. Where are you in Illinois?

Last edited by Deanne1962; 11-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply