It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

debnz HB Userdebnz HB User
Question can anyone help me out on Kidney Dehydrated?

I was put into cardio ward, about a week ago or so, spent 4 days terribly sick. Thank God that it wasn't my heart, but what they did find was my kidneys were badly dehydrated, Blood pressure extremely low, High in cholesterol, not sure about the diabetes test as the numbers are a little different to the US. I have other problems as well, Polycytheamia vera, Normally I have High Blood pressure, and on Meds, reflux problems, possible Iron Overload. I also Have Fibromyalgia, suffer from Migraines.

Can anyone please tell me what does it mean to have Kidney dehydration, I'm going to have another follow up blood test again this week.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Re: can anyone help me out on Kidney Dehydrated?

I would venture to say that you were suffering a bout of hypovolemia, where the kidneys are not getting their normal blood perfusion. In other words, you did not have enough water in your plasma, and this lead to a decrease blood volume that is necessary to keep the kidneys properly functioning. This is not normally a problem with acute dehydration, as the kidneys can adequately adjust. However, as with diabetes, and other conditions that lead to fluid imbalances, this can be hard on the kidneys. Monitor your blood sugar scrupulously!

The Following User Says Thank You to Deanne1962 For This Useful Post:
debnz (11-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
(female)

debnz HB Userdebnz HB User
Re: can anyone help me out on Kidney Dehydrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanne1962 View Post
I would venture to say that you were suffering a bout of hypovolemia, where the kidneys are not getting their normal blood perfusion. In other words, you did not have enough water in your plasma, and this lead to a decrease blood volume that is necessary to keep the kidneys properly functioning. This is not normally a problem with acute dehydration, as the kidneys can adequately adjust. However, as with diabetes, and other conditions that lead to fluid imbalances, this can be hard on the kidneys. Monitor your blood sugar scrupulously!
thanks for that Deanne1962, I'm going back to My GP today, to have another blood test, I be having a good chat with him about my results I have from the hospital, I lte you know what he has to say, thanks again.

Reply Reply