It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

karmasite HB User
freakin out

Im due to have surgery Dec 27th for removal of my rt kidney I am a nervous wreck i nevr had ANYTHING like this I was so relieved to find this site and hear from people who have been there. im hoping to return to wrk in two weeks(according to my urologist) did anyone find this to be true????

Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
Re: freakin out

I've never had any surgery like yours, but wanted to wish you luck. I've posted a question on 2 different boards about a month ago and no one ever answered me. I didn't want you going into surgery without someone wishing you well. Best wishes, and do come back and let me know how things went. I'll watch for your post. GOOD LUCK! I'm sure things will be fine!

The following user gives a hug of support to kenzibenzi:
karmasite (12-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

karmasite HB User

thank you so very much!!!! your so right I was checking this post everyday hoping to see a reply although you cannot relate to my ailment I really Appreciate your well wishes. i'll let you kno how I made out Thanks Again

The following user gives a hug of support to karmasite:
kenzibenzi (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

OK tomorrow is the big day! Stay focused and positive and everything will be great. Do you have someone that will be with you?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
(female)

karmasite HB User

Hi so the day came and there was nooooo doubt i was frozen with fear but i did try to stay focused and before i knew it i was in Post-op and actually feeling ok. I did very good Thank the Lord! the worst was the next day that was the most pain and discomfort thank goodness for Percacet. I went in on Thurs AM and was discharge Sat. AM they tried to discharged me Fri. eve but I really felt I wanted to stay to the following day.There still is some pain and soreness still but has definitely becomes less. My husband was with me and very supportive and if anyone is to have this surgery I will be more than happy to supply any part of the procedure or any other info related to it. I wish I had some feedback for you and your situation. You were the only responce I received.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

I'm so very happy things went well for you, that's great news! Now you can start your new year with less worry. And I'm glad your husband was there for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your recovery is fast and as painless as possible. If you don't mind my asking, what led up to this? Like, how did your story start? Was it blood in the urine, pain or something else?

I've had microscopic blood in my urine for a year now. Was finally sent to a urologist. She did a urine cytology and found 'atypical urothelial cell clusters'. I'm suppose to have a ct scan but no one has called about scheduling that yet. And I do have an appointment in February for a cystoscope. I posted on here about that, but nobody responded, so I gave up and will just wait. My father had bladder cancer, had surgery, then passed away 20 years later with kidney failure. So that's why I'm worried, because when I Google urothelial cells all it talks about is cancer.

Do pop in and let me know how you're feeling. Will you need dialysis or can you do ok with one kidney?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
(female)

Talulla11 HB User

hi,sorry i have only just read ur threads. Have you had a cystoscope before? If not I can tell you its the most painless of precedures. Try not to worry too much. The day i had mine i was really freaking out but it lasts bout 5 mins if that and i got of the table thinking about how much i had worried bout nothing. keep us updated with after ur appt in feb.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #8
(female)

Talulla11 HB User

thank god all went well.....im sorry about no one answering u, I did but i must have not pushed the right button to submit it, I was wishing you well and try not to be too scared.
really good to read u coped and are on the mend.
I had my nephrectomy on 27th sept ...so thats bout 13weeks, after 6 weeks i found i was having pain to the right of my belly button....i went to my doctor who examined me and said he was almost sure it is tissue scarring...now whether thats from cutting away loads of adhesions which were from my bowel to abdominal wall enroute to the kidney...he cudnt say ...but to go back after xmas if i was having the same problem...which i did. luckily i was able to get appt wiv my consultant for feb to see wot this prob is....it may just be part of the healing process....i really dont know...this pain stops me from being mobile...i find it difficult to walk any distance without help and i need to sit down alot. I was unable to physically go out and walk around the shops at xmas...very frustrating...so just keep taking tabs and rest as much as i can.
Im telling u this so that....it may be you may experience sumthing similar...i hope not. I will keep you post wot my consultant says.....
but really time is the great healer and we really do need to give ourselves time to heal....i do get really fed up and impatient....
Anyway let me know of ur progress..step by step... take lots of care...remember wot u had was a major operation... i will keep u in my prayers...god bless

Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Just checking in to see how your recovery is coming along, good I hope!

My ct scan came back normal, now I'm waiting for a cystoscopy to be scheduled. They cancelled my Feb 7th appointment for it because the doc wouldn't be in that day.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
(female)

Talulla11 HB User

hi, my recovery is still ongoing. i still have the pain i spoke about, got appt wiv consultant in feb so heres hoping.
sorry to hear ur appt has been cancelled. have they rescheduled? Cystoscopy is nothing, no pain etc. but best to get checked. hope u are well in urself. i know how it feels to have tests in front of u and the anxious wait for results.
take care and let me know how u get on.
god bless.

Reply Reply