It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
(male)

rustygiant HB User
Stones & Back Pain

I am 46 year old male. About 3 weeks ago I had a small amount of blood in my urine, accompanied with a burning sensation. Afterward, and for the next 2+ weeks I had minor discomfort in my bladder, but no more burning or blood. Within the past few days, the discomfort has turned to pain in the lower groin area, bladder area and a bit of pain starting to wrap around the right side of my back. I finally went to the urologist today and they scheduled a ct scan. For the past 2 nights, when i lay down at night, i have started getting stronger pains on the lower right side of my back, accompanied by severe pain scattered mostly in my lower back (all over) to the point where i can't walk. occasionally when i lay down, out of the blue a shooting pain comes out of nowhere in my back. Thing is, it feels more like a "pinched nerve" kind of pain. Do stones cause this type of pain? and if so, is it normal for it to radiate to all portions of back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
(female)

nora01 HB Usernora01 HB Usernora01 HB User
Re: Stones & Back Pain

I just noticed this message when checking out the board as have not been on for a while for the holidays.

Kidney stone pain can cause pain in the back & the pain can drop you to your knees. The pain in bladder can be as the stone is moving from kidney through ureter into bladder and then out of the body. If you think you might have stones, try straining your urine so you can see if it passes. Drinks lots of water. Real lemonade is suppose to be good for stones. Stay away from too much tea, coffee, and cola drinks.

I have also had nerve pain as well unrelated to kidney stones. Everyone is different but for me the nerve pain went down the left back side of my leg/foot. This was due to the L5/S1 being herniated. Sometimes the pain felt like my leg was on fire and it also caused numbness.

Hopefully you got the results of the CT scan by now & know what is wrong.

Here's to hoping you are no longer in pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
(male)

rustygiant HB User

My CT scan came back extremely normal. Several days after going for the CT scan I started getting a really bad rash on the right side of my abdomen, my right leg and around my back. It turns out the cause of my pain was shingles. The rash has since subsided, but the numbness and tingling and pain is astronomical. When I originally went to the urologist there was a very very small rash on my leg and I felt pins and needles on it but very mildly. I did not tell the urologist about this. Had I told him about this I may have been able to diagnose the shingles earlier and I wouldn't be in as much pain.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
(female)

Sher1 HB User

I have a 7 mm stone on my right kidney . I've never had a stone before . The pain is mostly in my back and right side . I do have a question ......can I fly with a kidney stone ?? I'm afraid that the stone will move while I'm away and get stuck as its to big to pass . I'm going to a third world country where the medical system is not the best .

Reply Reply