It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

muradmani HB User
Tests to Determine Exact Performance of Kidneys.

Which test are conducted to check the accurate efficiency of Kidneys, like when people say that my kidneys are 50% working, or 90% working. Please guide me about those medical tests that are used for this purpose..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Re: Tests to Determine Exact Performance of Kidneys.

I would google this. There are many tests that can be run to estimate kidney function, some more accurate than others. I have had creatinine, BUN, a 24hr creatinine and ultrasound test, just to name a few.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
(male)

muradmani HB User

I went through Blood creatinine and Blood Urea test, which were normal.. But it doesn't tell that at what percentage kidneys are working... which test are for this information...

Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User

There is a calculated test also done called an eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate). Basically, if this calc and the creatinine and urea are normal, then your kidneys are assumed to be functioning correctly. Why are you concerned about your kidneys? Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure, other issues? If you don't have other issues and the blood work is normal, then there is no need to worry.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
(male)

Hawaiiguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradmani View Post
Which test are conducted to check the accurate efficiency of Kidneys, like when people say that my kidneys are 50% working, or 90% working. Please guide me about those medical tests that are used for this purpose..
The most important tests for renal function are contained in a comprehensive metabolic panel. This will usually include an estimated GFR glomerular filtration rate which will let you know how well your kideneys are functioning. Your creatinine clearance, bun, and GFR should be in the comprehensive metabolic panel. Speak to your physcian also about ordering a spot urine for microalbumin if your kideney function is diminished.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
(male)

muradmani HB User

Today I went through a Blood creatinine and Blood Urea test. followings are the findings of report.
Normal ranges mentioned by Labortary
Urea 36 mg/dl 10-50
Urea 6.0 m.mol/l 1.6-8.3

Creatinine 0.9 mg/dl 0.6-1.1
Creatinine 79.2 u.mol/l 53-97

On internet normal ranges for blood urea is 7-18 mg/dl

How you see this report...? my age is 35 years and weight is around 62 kgs.

Reply Reply