It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

SammGirl HB User
help about kidneys?

Right so, I'm 16 and keep having recurrent UTIs and kidney infections.. Iv had a infection since September and am being treated for it but the treatment doesn't seem to work.. Iv had a CT and ultrasound they are both clear and fine than I had a MAG3 and this is the result I have..
The left renogram curve is lower than the right and this is seen in the change in the percentage uptake with the left contributing 45.39% and the right 54.61%. both renogram curves appear somewhat elongated and flattened compatible with a degree of upper tract dilatation. On the left side there is a peak at 4 minutes followed by a plateau and than by good drainage. On the right side the peak is higher with a higher plateau and again activity falling off in a satisfactory manner. Diuretic seems to make little difference. The images show some prominence of the upper pole calyces on the right side. A delayed post-micturition film shows good drainage of the kidneys and good emptying of the bladder.
What does this mean? Is it good or bad? I'm kinda confused.

Reply Reply