It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

Char9956 HB User
Gfr!

I had my GFR tested 2 months ago. It was 55. I am scheduled for a CTA scan with contrast dye. I was retested today and the results are GFR 66! and creatine level1.04 How is this possible? In the past 3 years my Gfr has gone from a low of 39 to this new high. I am worried because the CTA scan will now be done without hydration from the hospital. Is it possible for a GFR to go up so fast and so much?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

rubidoux HB User
Re: Gfr!

I have no idea. I didn't know what a GFR was until last week when I found out that mine was 58 (my GFR's were steadily going down over time, but I didn't have any idea until it actually dipped below the threshold where they say it's "bad"). Anyhow... I just wanted to say that I sure HOPE that the 66 is an accurate number for you! It makes me feel hopeful to see that you've gotten that result.

I think it is possible. I have seen a few other people say they have had some improved results over time. Did you make any changes that might have contributed? I wanna do whatever it is that you're doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

Char9956 HB User

Biggest change was to stop drinking sodas (Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper) Now is water,water ,water! Also I reduced my salt intake by using Mrs Dash seasoning and taking the salt shaker off the table. And lots of chicken and fish and salads. Salads with homemade dressing of olive oil and vinegar.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
(female)

rubidoux HB User

Thanks, Char. Food is quickly becoming a mine field! Certainly cutting out the diet coke is a done deal. I am on the fence about salt. I have read mixed things about it. But I never eat processed foods, so I don't get that hidden salt.

Reply Reply