It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

Staceylcash HB User
Kidney stones in meaty part of kidneys. Kidneys keep producing them

Hi my name is stacey, im 26 and 3 weeks ago i went to the hospital with severe pain in my back, which i knew was a kidney stone. Well it got stuck, it was a 13by9 mm stone. After several scans i was told i have an abnormality in my kidneys where they keep forming kidney stones but they are also formed in the meaty part of my kidneys. Alot of them. (I had surgery to remove the stone and he put a stint in) My dr told me it was very abmormal, and there is nothing im doing to cause this to happen, like my diet or my lifestyle. He actually was quite surprised that this wasnt found prior to 3 weeks ago and even asked if i have had problems since i was a young child... Thats how many are in my kidneys, alot. I have had many problems with my bladder and kidneys over the last 8 years, going to multiple drs and getting no answers and actually looked at like i was lying about my pain. When in all actuallity i was going to dr.s who were not being thorough at all. And not doing any sort of scans. And so i gave up going to the dr and hadnt been in over a yr up until this last incident. I had no choice but to go to the ER. What im wondering is if anyone else has experienced kidney stones in the meaty part their kidneys? What happened? How did the dr treat you? And how long did it take to get them out? And how did the dr get them out? Im desperate for answers. I have had an E coli infection for weeks now and im passing tons of small particles bigger than grains of sand and some way bigger than that. I have my dr.s appointment on the 6th and i know ill get more answers but i want to hear what all somebody has been through with this and if there is hope for me to get better. Im tired, I have been for 8 years. And now im very scared because i have 3 children, the youngest being 17 months. I need to get better. Thanks for any answers anyone may have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
(female)

Staceylcash HB User
Re: Kidney stones in meaty part of kidneys. Kidneys keep producing them

I guess no one has any info for me

Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

Lizzie62 HB User

ugh! that sounds awful.
You sound like my daughter. A bunch of stones sitting where they shouldn't be hurting and having chronic pain, and you feel like an idiot when you tell the doctor you're in pain, like you're making it up. My daughter has Randalls Plaque. I wonder if you have the same thing. Did you ever get a diagnosis? Was it Randalls Plaque?
Hope you're feeling better!

"Life is Beautiful" Sixx:AM

Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
(female)

CarreiB HB User

Have your physician check your calcium and PTH levels through blood work, as I too am doing that tomorrow!! Google hyperparathyroidism. I have a similar issue with multiple stones developing in both kidneys with no strong links in my diet or family history. Good luck and hope you find some answers.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Dear Staceylcash, Sorry to hear that you're experiencing so much pain. I too suffered from kidney stones. Went to a urologist who had to blast them twice, put a stent in, and waited to the grains to fall through. The entire experience was horrible, humiliating and painful, even after we pulled out the stent the abdominals contract and you feel pain for a few hours. Anyway, I asked the Dr. why is my body doing this and how can I change my diet. His answer was "your body just produces them". A few months later I got another stone which thank goodness I was able to pass although the pain was just as bad if not worse than labour. Anyway, to make a long story short.....just like CarreiB said, I too had hyperparathyroidism. It's not the same as hypothyroidism as it's the parathyroids behind the thyroid that are affected. There are four parathyroids benind the thyroid, who knew? The brain sends messages to the parathyroid to release calcium into the blood. I had many subtle symptoms for a long time and after seeing a neurologist for headaches and memory loss, he ordered blood work. The neurologist found large amounts of calcium in my blood. When my Dr. received the results she put the two together, kidney stones + high calcium levels in blood=hyperparathyroidism. Some of my symptoms were; kidney stones, headaches, pain in legs from the loss of calcium in bones, forgetfulness. I was then sent to an endocrinologist who set up a series of tests. Ultra sound on the parathyroids, dye tests on the parathyroid, urine tests that take 4 straight days of collecting all your urine. When it was confirmed that I did have this condition, she set me up with a surgeon and the one of four was removed. Apparently, we can do with one of the three without having to take medication. It's a simple blood test to rule our that you don't have hyperparathyroidism but, if you do, it can be corrected and you will be free from kidney stones. I haven't had a stones since my surgery in Jan '11 yippee Ask your Dr. for a simple blood test. Good luck to your both

Reply Reply