It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

Lateral pain with fluid, but also lump?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
Lavendarlady
(female)

Lavendarlady HB User
Unhappy Lateral pain with fluid, but also lump?

Hello,

I have some questions about some odd pain I've developed in one of my knees. It started as an ache, with a pinching sensation behind my knee. After trying to massage the pain away, I noted a lump on the back of my lower thigh that runs along a ligament or maybe thin muscle on the lateral (outside) side of the back of my thigh. It seems as though it may be pressing on it and causing irritating (perhaps the causing of the pinching pain?)

Then about a week or two later, I was climbing up a flight of stairs and after sitting immediately was struck with severe pain in that knee that caused me to become lightheaded and nauseous.

I visited the doctor later that day and he told me it appeared to be that I strained the lateral ligament and have some fluid in the joint around that side.

I've been treating it with anti-inflammatories, bracing it, icing it, and trying to rest. It has not improved even a little. The area the lump is in still creates a pinching sensation and I cannot pivot, stairs are terrible.

I know strains take time to recover from, but the combination of the two, plus fluid concerns me and I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience similar to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply