It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

tawyna HB User
knee, thigh pain

hi,
i have been having problems with my right knee poping when i bend it. i also hurt in my right thigh in the middle deep in there.
it seems to come and go.
i have a little boy who is 11 yrs old. he is 70lbs i have to lift him all the time.
does anyone else have a knee or hip problem that causes their thigh to hurt deep in it from time to time?

Old 03-07-2006, 04:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User
Re: knee, thigh pain

Is there an underlying physical reason that you have to pick up your 70 lb 11-yr old?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

tawyna HB User

he has celrebal palsey and does not move on his own.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Thigh pain is more of an indication of a back issue rather than a hip issue when it's on the outside of the thigh itself.
I suffer from horrendous deep thigh pain, I thought it was my THR for years only to find out it was actually my lumbar which is herniated.
Because you lift a heavy child this could be the cause.
Poppping or clicking in the knee is often a sign of either a torn cartilage or damaged ligaments.
I would suggest you seek out an Orthopeadist to rule out anything major

Barb

Old 03-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
(female)

trittsneighbor HB User

Yes tawyna. I have that also. I also lifted my child who was always a 'big baby,' when he was 2 he was as big and tall as a 5 year old. I lifted him because I am his mommy, and that's what we do, until he was around 4, but, by then he was as big as a 9 year old! By then, I noticed sometimes in bed my left leg would ache then stop. It would hurt real bad, then just quit, just like that. Then, one day I was walking down our hall, and my back went out on me, like something had sprung in there. I can't explain it. It got worse, and I could stand up straight for a week or more, and my left leg and hip hurt also. I had to be careful not to barely turn or It was like I would die. But, it all started out as a left leg ache, and hip pain. Like a soreness over my left hip where the leg is connected to it. I always figure it was hip bursitis, as one regular doc told me once it was just based on my symptoms. He gave me a shot of steroid in that hip, and it helped, but, it was back not long after. Now like 5 years or more after, I still suffer, and have to be really careful, not to lift anything, move furniture, and have put off working a normal job because what I do involves lifting and standing for long periods.

Be careful. What you are feeling may be a warning signal that you have a disc problem that is about to get worse. About the only thing you can do is not to lift anything. Not good in your situation. I'm sorry. Being a mom, I feel for you.

What I would do is go see your doctor and ask him to refer you to an orthopedic. Tell them it's and emergency that you go ahead and get an MRI on that side. Lower back, hip, and leg. If its a disc, ask them to go ahead and repair it, so you can get back to being a mom, and in the meantime, take it easy. (better said than done, i know)

Old 03-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
(female)

tawyna HB User

thank you trittsneighbor. i will . this is stressfull.

Closed Thread