It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User
Pain "behind" the knee.

I've had this before but never this long. It's a pain behind the knee; right where the fold of the knee is. It almost feels like the "tendons" are sore.

I know I have arthritis. But I've never met anyone that complains of this type of pain.

No popping, no grinding. Very stiff upon initial moving if I've been sitting too long. So here at work I try to get up every hour.

I've resorted to taking my Mobic again as this definately helps.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
(female)

Ripanco HB User
Re: Pain "behind" the knee.

Hi Linda,

Good to see a familar face here!!!

What a drag having bad knees with our new hips!! I do have issues with my knees more now than ever before. I most likely have arthritis in there too. I think I have experienced what you are describing, but it usually works out within 10-15 min. I figure some of my knee problems stem from the fact that I walk differently with the new hips, better, but different. I do think that slowly the knee sorness is getting better, it has been over a year now for me. The knee pain can be in different places at different times tho which seems strange. When I get it in the back like you describe is is very sharp. Sometimes it aches on the outside which most likely is caused by ITB. Then on occasion I get a sharp pain under the knee cap. It can be really hard/painful getting up when I have been kneeling or squatting for a time too.
But, the knee pain is no where near as bad as the hip pain was so at least for now, I am gonna just live with it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User

Hi Ripanco!! Good to see you too!

I've had this before but since I'm heading to Florida in 3 weeks with DH I went into panic mode. I have some "aches" on the inside of the knee, but most of the pain is in the inner crease of where the knee bends. I know it's my arthritis. I've started my Mobic and Tylenol yesterday and ice when I got home. Then I got into a nice hot tub and that felt good. Today I've been putting ice on it here at work and it's feeling better today. Not 100%...but oh so much less stiffness and pain. Yesterday when I'd get up out of my seat I could barely walk right away. And I need to loose weight. I put so much weight on after the surgery, but drastic times call for drastic meaures and I'm really, really cutting down and eating better.
I guess when I get back from Florida a trip to the Ortho Dr. is in order.

So how are you???

Old 06-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mindwanderweg HB User

Ah -- I have, besides the OA in my right hip, OA in both knees, probably exacerbated by many knee injuries over the years. This sharp pain you describe happens to me as well; my doctor explained that bone spurs break off and can be trapped between surfaces in the joint. I have felt them from time to time, have waked up with this horrible pain from time to time and sitting makes it worse for me, too. I think the two go together; I think my joints were wearing out -- my right knee in particular -- and probably over the years I've done things to take pressure off that knee that led me to use my hip in a less than ideal way. I think I'd have someone check it out. I was glad I did.

Martha

Old 06-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User

Hi Martha and thanks for the reply. My pain isn't actually sharp. I actually have no pain at all while sitting, sleeping or standing! It begins after walking for a distance and it's right in the "crease" behind the knee cap. Of course I have that dull ache on the inside of the knee and I know that's the OA. But I'm assuming that this pain behind the knee in the crease has to be somehow associated with the OA or I'd have pain all the time.

The Mobic has helped trememdously with the stiffness and today I actually walked "normal" from the bus to my office. So I'm hoping that between the Mobic (prescription anti-inflamatory) and my Arthritis Stregnth Tylenol I'll be fine until I get back from vacation next month. Obvoiusly, if I didn't see any improvement I'd go to the Dr. before hand. But I think I'll be fine; for now!

Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
(female)

beverly91 HB User

The mobic will work for you for now I have had an still have trouble with the same thing and it is a cyst that fills up and then goes down. If I go to the doctor they give me a prescription for inflamation.

Good luck

Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User

No it's not a Bakers Cyst. He checked me for that. I went to the Orthopedic Dr. who said it was my arthritis. He took an xray and the right knee is very bad. Unfortunately, here in the Northeast we've had much rain and heavy humidity. The mobic has helped trememdously, and it's much better. I still have some discomfort in the joint itself, but that pain in the back is almost totally gone. Occasionally, I do feel it but not nearly as badly as when the flare up first occured. I don't need my cane anymore to walk. The cane gave me the support I needed when I felt as if the knee was going to "buckle". That feeling is gone also.

Hey thanks for the reply!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
(female)

irena HB User

Hi, I would like to know what a Mobic is that has helped you, as i am about ready for a TKR, after having two athroscopic surgeries which didn't do any good, as it's bone on bone right now, now they reccomend the surgery which i am nervouse about, after reading the negatives for some people. I have a lot of stairs, and dont know how I would cope with that. Anyway do hope that you find out what the pain was behind your knee, mine was a Bakers cyst which they drained after the second operation, which now has come back on the right side of the knee.......So much for all that dancing i have done over the years, now I'm wondering if after the surgery, will I be back in shape again.... Anyone out there feel they are back to normal after TKR surgery?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User

I don't have much time here but Mobic is just an anti-inflamatory. It was prescribed for my osteoarthrisis when Bextra was pulled. It's not as good as bextra, but it does help. It's only available with prescription. Will get back to you this evening.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User

Irena - I work with a gentleman who had TKR and he said he's better than ever. Do as much research as you can on the procedure and this board is the best place to start. And again, the Mobic is just an NASAID. I do miss my Bextra; it was a great drug.

Closed Thread