It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

alwayssomething HB User
Front Hip Pain and Popping - Help!

Two months ago I began having significant pain in the front of my left hip (maybe more towards groin area), it's impossible to sit "indian-style" and it has popped a couple of times when stepping into my car which has caused excruciating pain! As long as I walk normally I don't have much pain, but if I rotate it hurts like crazy. I do not recall an injury and rest doesn't seem to help. In the last week or so I have been aware of a dull ache, even when resting.

I'm 37 and mom to four kids, one of my kids is very ill and hospitalized frequently - I don't have time for me to be down and out! Any ideas? I'm really desperate for some input! Thanks!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
(female)

abunnybabe HB User
Re: Front Hip Pain and Popping - Help!

I have the same thing going on! I can't remember any specific injury, just all of the sudden, clicking, popping and short, sharp, excruciating little bursts of pain in my right groin. I can't even put socks on and getting in and out of the car sucks.
Anyway, I had an MRI done last month and the problem is cal;led a labral tear, it's the cartilige lining your hip socket, sort of like a rotator cuff in the shoulder.
I just got scheduled for arthroscopic surgury today. Doc says there in no arthritis in my joint and that I should be back to normal after the surgury. My knife date is Oct 9, wish me luck!
Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

alwayssomething HB User

Well, I just saw the OS today and he suspects that I have avascular necrosis! Not what I wanted to hear. I have an MRI on Saturday morning and should hear back from him by the middle of next week.

Good luck with your surgery! Make sure you let us know how it goes.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
(female)

abunnybabe HB User

Yeah, my doc thought that too, they always like to rule out the worst case senario first. I was glad it was just a cartilage tear. Totally fixable according to my surgeon.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

alwayssomething HB User

Well that gives me some hope if they thought that about you too. At this point, I'm hoping for a cartilage tear - sounds strange, but it's the lesser of two evils. I've heard that most everyone does well with the arthroscopic surgery. Thanks again for the info!

Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
(female)

abunnybabe HB User

Did you get your MRI results yet?

Old 09-16-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Have you been on steriods in the past? Generally AVN is caused by steriodal useage, even short term use can cause it and it isn't always immediate, it can happens years after the fact.

My doctor once thought I too had AVN because of the amount of steriods I have taken in the past to control swelling. He did an Xray and saw that the blood supply to the bone seemed fine. In other words the bone was bright white, generally with AVN the bone will be gray or completely black in more advanced stages.

Hopefully that is not the case with you because AVN is very painful and often most individuals need joint replacements at some point.

There are other things that can be wrong such as bursitis acting up, a spur growing, cartilage tear or even simply just Osteoarthritis. Please try not to worry too much. I know it's hard not too. Let us know what the MRI says!

Barbie

Old 09-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
(male)

markwillis HB User

Well with Avascular Necrosis, you are a possible candidate for a Total Hip Replacement.. Check out this site, it's wonders, another friend of mine, just had this done, he is a fairly young as well, 42 and needed a Total Hip. HE was back working in 6 days....
[url]http://www.newhipnews.com[/url]
The procedure is called the Anterior Approach...

Closed Thread