It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
(female)

Poetic Lady HB User
Sharp Knee Pain --- But Only When I'm Asleep!

I would love to know anyone's comments on my condition. An MRI just showed I have chondromalacia, possibly aggravated by a fall a month ago.

Now I have sharp knee pain --- BUT ONLY ONCE I'M ASLEEP! No doctor can explain this to me. I'm fine during the day, but every night around 3 a.m., I get a sharp pain in the soft indented part of my outer right knee. This disrupts my sleep...every single night. Cortisone shot didn't help, nor have 1000 mg's of naproxyn each day.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW! I'd like to avoid surgery at all costs, and so I'm about to go for physical therapy. I just want to get some sleep! Thank you for your time and any suggests you may have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

azbound04 HB User
Re: Sharp Knee Pain --- But Only When I'm Asleep!

I also have sharp knee pain, but only when I'm sleeping. I'm not sure what is going on, but I wake up in the middle of the night with sharp pains in my left knee. I'm OK during the day. Any help???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
(female)

Shorty96 HB User
Re: Sharp Knee Pain --- But Only When I'm Asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Lady View Post
I would love to know anyone's comments on my condition. An MRI just showed I have chondromalacia, possibly aggravated by a fall a month ago.

Now I have sharp knee pain --- BUT ONLY ONCE I'M ASLEEP! No doctor can explain this to me. I'm fine during the day, but every night around 3 a.m., I get a sharp pain in the soft indented part of my outer right knee. This disrupts my sleep...every single night. Cortisone shot didn't help, nor have 1000 mg's of naproxyn each day.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW! I'd like to avoid surgery at all costs, and so I'm about to go for physical therapy. I just want to get some sleep! Thank you for your time and any suggests you may have.
I do not want to worry anybody, but when I had sharp pain in my knee it was only at night and it was the same symptoms as you have described, I had tests an I turned out to have cancer in the bone, mine was called Ewings Sarcoma but I know of others that are the same symptoms that are called Osteo Sarcoma, i would highly recommend that you go for a MRI scan and get it checked out properly

Reply Reply