It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

Eden10 HB User
Unhappy pulled muscle behind knee!

Hi everyone!

I'm a 23 year old proffesional dancer.....had surgery for a tore meniscus a year ago....I'm recoverd dancing, and working out again....still doing physical therapy and hurting alittle but that's a part of it...have to get the strength back to the muscles..
This morning I got up from my bed and coulden't walk! It feels like I pulled a muscle behind my knee (the one I had surgery on) this never happend to me!
when I go to streigten my knee I feel like I'm pulling a rubber band too far and it hurts!
Did this ever happend to anyone???
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
(female)

loulou22 HB User
Re: pulled muscle behind knee!

I can sympathize with you as to knee pain and I think that is what is wrong with me. I am 53 but before this I never had knee pain and not a pro at dancing or sports. Darn good spectator. It just happened and we have a horrific Dr shortage where I am living. My Dr of 30+ years has retired and you have to sit and wait for the supposed to be Dr that doesn't go anything and says that he/she cannot. It will probably go away! It is getting worse. I am using a cane and in order to go outdoors for anything I have to make sure I have someone with me as the knee locks and buckles causing me to fall if no one is there. I have been thinking it is what you said, menisces? Anyone please answer and tell me what happens and why with no injuries? :-(

Last edited by moderator2; 02-03-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
(female)

irena HB User

I had a similar thing happen to me after my second knee surgery, (neither one helped my knee pain, and now have to have a total Knee Replacement) anyway the pain turned out to be a Bakers Cyst, caused from fluid leaking through to back of the knee after the first surgery. It was drained off, relieving the pain, but the Orthopedic chap said it would most likely fill up again. I could feel the cyst like a large swelling. It might be worth while to check it out, as they can get very painful.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
(male)

wooter94 HB User
Thumbs up Re: pulled muscle behind knee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden10 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a 23 year old proffesional dancer.....had surgery for a tore meniscus a year ago....I'm recoverd dancing, and working out again....still doing physical therapy and hurting alittle but that's a part of it...have to get the strength back to the muscles..
This morning I got up from my bed and coulden't walk! It feels like I pulled a muscle behind my knee (the one I had surgery on) this never happend to me!
when I go to streigten my knee I feel like I'm pulling a rubber band too far and it hurts!
Did this ever happend to anyone???
thanks
I have the same problem i'm only 15 but do suffer from this pulled knee muscle I have been advised by a doctor to use it as much as possible but not to over stretch it, I have also been prescribed ibuprofens to take down any swelling around the area

hope this helps

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
(female)

fantail HB Userfantail HB Userfantail HB User

Sounds like a ruptured Bakers Cyst. Had this a number of times before my TKR and the only way it healed each time was to wear a compression stocking all day every day. A nuisance as had to put it on as soon as I woke, but really worked and the support it offered gave comfort as well. That and antiflams worked over time. Used to feel it just pop, in the end.

Closed Thread