It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

Mstngfan HB User
Knee Pain for 10 years (Knock Kneed)

Hi all, Im a 27 year old female. Was born knock kneed and it never went away. When I stand with my knees together my feet are about 5 inches apart or more. I never really related the two because I thought I had knee pain due to being overweight. I have been overweight since my mid teens but I have lost and gained back and it hasnt really changed my knee issues. I do work out and have tried strengthening my quadricepts (can do 130 pounds+ on the leg extension machine) and it actually does help...but if I am not consistent with it the pain comes back badly. It has been exceptionally bad the last week or so I think it may be due to the colder weather coming in.

My symptoms are crunchy and popping when I bend my knee, sometimes a popping noise when I walk for a long time and it will pop with every step I take...pain when sitting and standing, and walking up or down stairs. Sometimes when my knees are really enflamed it even hurts to move my foot from the gas pedal to the break. Driving a stick shift is bad sometimes too. Today Ive had alot of aching, and the paints are very sharp. I made a docs appointment for Friday. I was diagnosed with chrondomalasia about 6 years ago in my right knee but they didnt give me many details and I was supposed to do PT but then I broke my right ankle/leg badly and so my knees were not a big concern at that point. Been putting up with the annoyance of knee pain for about 10 years now....kind of worried to find out how bad the damage has gotten...

Also as of recently I have some pain right below my left kneecap...unlike my regular knee pain I can feel tenderness on this spot when I press down. It hurts when standing but also if I am sitting with my legs out in front of me, like with a recliner up, and lift my foot up. Its a very specific spot. Kind of on the tibia but on the left side. Not sure what is up with that...

Last edited by Mstngfan; 01-16-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
(female)

catelynnw3 HB User
Re: Knee Pain for 10 years (Knock Kneed)

Have you looked into Prolotherapy to help strengthen the ligaments around your kneecaps? Sounds like they need more support to straighten them out. Google it for more information. It has done wonders for my daughter and is not painful. Your muscles are important in holding things where they belong, but the ligaments are just as important so your muscles don't have to do all the support work. Also, it can be done to help with what sounds like arthritis in your knees. I plan to have it done on my left knee because I also have a grinding sound and sometimes pain especially on stairs. My doctor said it is arthritis.

I pray you're still on this board and this somehow helps you.

Closed Thread