It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

TOW II HB User
Fell ĎHardí on My Right Knee

Fell hard on my right knee approx 5 weeks ago. Of course it hurt, but the pain is limited to any kind of pressure, like bumping the knee. No pain at all with walking / bending the knee. Had not knelt on the knee for at least four weeks, then last weekend I did some gardening and used knee pads, the knee didnít seem to be too painful. The knee is still swollen and disfigured. A couple days later I knelt down to clean out the leaf trap on my pool, I felt (and heard) my knee pop. The knee moved at least a half inch and I immediately felt excruciating pain. I had bumped the knee once right after the fall, and the pain was the same.
Anyway, now Iím convinced that I need to see my doctor. Problem is that I canít afford to be off my feet for any length of time. Since I can walk without any pain, Iím tempted to ignore the problem and hope that it doesnít become worse in time, or at a later age.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Tobias HB User
Re: Fell ĎHardí on My Right Knee

Seeing a doctor doesn't necessarily mean you'll be "off your feet". It might mean you'll find out what's going on with the knee and that will give you peace of mind and a definitive answer which you probably need now that it's been such a long time since you fell. If you're convinced you need see one, then by all means, do so. Proper care now might mean less trouble later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
(male)

TOW II HB User

Finally went to see my Dr. He suspects the problem is with a ligament rather than bone. Got an x-ray and it didnít reveal anything, so Iím going back for an MRI this afternoon. I have a small lump on the upper/inner area of the knee that is very sensitive to pressure.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Tobias HB User

Glad to hear you're having things checked out. A little attention to the problem now may mean fewer headaches later.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
(male)

TOW II HB User

MRI is done. The thing I donít understand is the fact that I can walk and bend the knee with very little to no discomfort at all. It only hurts if I bump it or from pressure (like when my granddaughter crawls across my lap)

Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
(male)

TOW II HB User

Apparently I have a small tear at the edge of the meniscus, as well as a deep bruise. Dr. recommends taking it easy for two weeks to see if the pain goes away (heals). As far as taking it easy, I donít plan on running any marathons or anything like that, but I have to walk and I have to walk a lot usually a couple miles each day. Itís already been over eight weeks since the injury occurred. Guess this is just something Iím going to have to live with. Iíve read up on meniscus repair and my injury looks like one that will heal (?).

Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User

Hi,
Glad you had it looked at. That helps to at least understand what is going on. Walking a couple miles a day might keep it aggrevated so when you are at home you might put it up and ice it. Take care,

Closed Thread