It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
(male)

Dario04 HB User
Knee Problems.... don't know what to do.. please help!

Since about a month ago I have been experiencing very irritating knee problems. I am 14 years old, in 9th grade and play lots of sports such as basketball and volleyball (figures, huh).

The pains usually occur when I start to do running activities or bend too much or try to get off of a chair without using my arms before doing any activities. The pains are around my knees, to the right of my left knee and the left of my right knee and also tend to occur on opposite sides (both knees, too). No matter HOW LONG I rest them (I've tried doing it for up to two weeks), they still seem to hurt once I start playing the sports again. I'm young and I have read up on so many things.

I don't know what to do. I went to the doctor and got both and x-ray and ultrasound, and they said there was NOTHING. Well if there is NOTHING, why am I experiencing these pains. I have both volleyball and basketball tryouts starting up soon and it's my freshman year so I have to get involved right from the get go. I pray that someone here knows what may be the problem.

The pains I experience also hurt more after I cool down and only when I bend my knees (such as when I try to get up and I try to put pressure on them). Then they'll stop hurting again in a day, possibly two.

I have done exercises, tried strengthening them by doing calf raises, certain knee raises/extensions, resting them, icing them at times and staying off of them. NOTHING WORKS.

I apologize for the long post and hope someone can help me out here and tell me what the problem may be, and how I can solve it.

Thanks a lot,

Dario

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread